Night Away

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Big Eyed Lieza, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Big Eyed Lieza

Big Eyed Lieza New Member

So it will be the first night we are away since Lieza was diagnosed on 9/16/19. We already had this planned and cannot really cancel. I am getting nervous the closer it get. I am only having someone come over to feed and administer the shot. I only showed the nightly person how to give the shot but may see if they are willing to check their BG also tonight. The morning person will do both.

The issues I have, I changed her diet a week ago Saturday/Sunday. All her numbers have been pretty high so far until today they were down 50 points before her shot. Great news, but what if it goes down 50 more and she is given a full shot? Should I just give her half a shot or skip the shot completely? I am unsure what is a better option. When she was diagnosed she had ketones in her urine and had to be hospitalized for a couple of days to flush them out. I have also been weighing her daily as she lost over three pounds before we found out what was going on. Today she FINALLY was higher than 7.4 lbs. Again great new!

Any advise on how to go about leaving for the night would be awesome on both scenarios of whether the nightly person will take the BG or not. It took me days to finally master it and this will be both caretakers first time trying besides watching me do it.