No apetite

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Niutek, Nov 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niutek

Niutek Member

My cat Niutek diagnosed 5 months ago lost apetite. He will not eat unless on apetite stimulant.
    My vet tells me that he is ok because he did not loose weight. But it is so only because of apetite stimulant. Every 2 days. He will not eat othetwise. I do not know what to do???

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    Can you tell us what type of insulin and dose Niutek is on?
    Do you home test Niutek’s blood sugars?
    How long ago did Niutek lose his appetite?
    Has your vet investigated why he is not eating or tried anti nausea medication such as cerenia or andansetron tablets. It may be nausea that is why he won’t eat.
    Do you test Niutek’s urine for ketones. It would be a good idea to do so. You can buy KETOSTIX from the pharmacy to test his urine.
    You might like to copy and past this post over on the main forum where there are many more people who can help you.:)

Bron.

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
  3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

@Jill & Alex (GA)
    Anna sent me a PM yesterday saying she was unable to post a reply on here because she was being blocked. The message said something about spam and to try again which she did. I suggested she try posting a new message on the main forum to see if that worked but I have not seen any activity from her. Are you able to help in any way?
    Thanks Bron

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

@Bron and Sheba
    Ask her to remove "NIUTEK" from her signature. There's a good chance the spam filters we have in place consider "NIUTEK" spam. If that doesn't work, she could try posting a very short post... maybe a single sentence... without any links.

If it still doesn't work, please tag me again and I'll talk to Robert.

6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.