Best laid plans of mice and men gang aft aglay. Jester went from 417 BG Thursday early afternoon all the way down to 153 Friday evening - right before I was about to leave for a party. After consulting with a couple of friends (couldn't get hold of the vet) who had had a diabetic kitty for over eight years, we decided the best thing would be to not give Jester his 2U shot until I got home from the party. As a precaution, I fed him some of his favorite mid-teen carby Friskies to make sure he wouldn't go low. I had also emailed the vet and while at the party got a reply which basically suggested the same thing. He also recommended not giving him insulin unless his BG was above 200 and to check him again four hours later. Got home about 10:00PM, checked his BG and it had shot up to 455 - yikes! Four hours later, after insulin and some lower carb cat food (yeah, I got up at 2:00AM), his BG had gone down to 299, then to 208 by about 8:00AM. Needless to say, today seemed like a bad day to do a curve. Plus, I'm low on test strips and won't have enough to give it another try on Sunday. Aiming for next Saturday now. Fun times!