No insulin for Mr. Big Eyes for 1 week now

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kathy and Mr. B.E., Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Mr. B.E.

Kathy and Mr. B.E. Member

Hello,

After I did the curve for the vet on July 2 and sent her the link to Mr. Big Eyes' SS, she said I'd been doing an awful lot of testing and recommended doses of 1U with no need to test anymore. She thought Mr. Big Eyes would be happy to quit the testing. I told her I would give 1U, but continue testing before giving insulin in case it was low, as it was at 134 on July 5 when I was replying back to her email.

I also told her that he doesn't mind the testing. In fact, when I get on the floor he climbs on my lap and purrs while I rub his ear, pet him, and sometimes sing "Soft Kitty" from the Big Bang Theory:).

It's good I've been testing because he started having frequent BG under 150 and in the past week has only been over 150 by a little bit twice. I didn't give any insulin even when he was over 150 because I don't have any idea what effect insulin would have now that his body seems to be producing some for itself.

I don't imagine his condition is considered normalized since he's still running over 100, but he seems to be too low for me to give insulin safely, so I'm just continuing to monitor the BG and hope it continues to trend downwards. I'm glad I didn't buy another bottle of insulin yet. I was watching the BG numbers and the amount of insulin remaining in the bottle and hoping maybe I wouldn't need to buy more.

Thanks for all the advice and support since April when Mr. Big Eyes was diagnosed and I discovered this board.:bighug:

Kathy

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

How exciting. I hope things keep looking good for Mr. Big Eyes. I sure would like that to happen to Mia. :)

Kathy and Mr. B.E. likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Good luck! If she starts going 130 id give a little insulin (0.25) to push her down to the low blues and high double digits.

Kathy and Mr. B.E. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.