No insulin phase. What do we think?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Silvia, May 2, 2019.

1. Silvia

Silvia Member

My vet wanted to try no insulin after a very good fructosamine test. What do you think of phoenixs data?

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

While a fructosamine test isn't enough reason to go off insulin by itself, the data you have from your home tests is enough reason. You can see that Phoenix' numbers are trending down over the past three days. Just a tiny bit, but lower nonetheless. My hunch is that he's heading the right direction. (I say that in a whisper so we don't jinx anything ;)). Try to get a +2 test to see if it's steady, lower, or higher than the PS test. That also helps us know if he's ready to be on his own. And I would keep skipping the shots as long as he keeps staying in the greens (or low blues). If he can go 14 days without going over 120, I think he'll be a diet-controlled diabetic. If he goes over 120, definitely post again and ask for someone to take a look.

Yong & Maury GA and MamaMug like this.
  3. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

I would be very happy with these numbers even though you’ve only been green at PS a few days. keep doing the tests for a few weeks and if you keep getting greens at PS I’d say you’re good to go!!

Djamila likes this.
  4. Silvia

Silvia Member

I’ll be able to get more testing this weekend. I’m very excited and also don’t want to jinx it. Thanks everyone for your help. This small journey has been so much.

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

It is looking great! With the AT2 meter, I would be happy as long as I didn't see anything over 150ish.

Djamila likes this.
  6. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Things look very nice for such a short time, here's the but, but I wouldn't rely on fructosomine test and I am not comfortable saying you guys are good without seeing more mid cycle tests. For me, I had to see that his pancreas was working 100% and managing his BG all by itself for a while. I was probably just paranoid but I didn't want to take him off the juice too soon :).

I do hope Phoenix is headed towards the falls (off the juice) though! :cat:

7. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Gah! And that is why this is a peer reviewed forum! Thank you so much for catching that! Yes, 150 on an AT2. The 120 I stated is wrong in this case - that is for human meters.