No shot if BG below 200?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (The Main Forum)' started by Jerry Allen, Oct 3, 2017.

  1. Jerry Allen

    Jerry Allen Member

    Sep 11, 2017
    Cooper has been doing well for several days at same dose of 2.25u and this morning he had a 164 BG reading, so I did not give him the AM shot..He has been very active all morning and when I took him outside for his usual patio time, he just went crazy chasing birds and lizards.. Have not seen this level of activity since he got sick.

    I will test again at the mid-day +6 time...My question is if the BG is high is waiting till his usual PM shot time OK? Don't want to get him started on a different cycle where I would have to be getting up at 3am to give him his shot.... Of course if BG test is still low, well that is a good thing and will wait to see what the PM test would be.
  2. FurBabiesMama

    FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

    Jul 6, 2017
    I am glad to hear that Cooper has been feeling so well!

    Wait until his usual shot time to give another shot, if needed.
    Jerry Allen likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

    JanetNJ Well-Known Member

    Jun 8, 2016
    That's great he's feeling good! Yes wait until next shot time
    Jerry Allen likes this.

Share This Page