No urine/stool RESOLVED

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mocha aka Cold Play, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mocha aka Cold Play

Mocha aka Cold Play Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hi Kari,
    I don't know the answer to your question, sorry, but sending poop and pee vines for Latte.
    How is Latte? does she seem uncomfortable?
    Is she drinking and eating?
    Has she got a history of this sort of thing?

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey Kari, once I was worried about my civvie not urinating for a long time because I was trying to get a urine sample and I was told cats can go up to 14 hours without urinating. As far as the no poop after 4 doses of miralax, I was told it could take a few days to see results when you first start using the miralax. I put my miralax in 1/4 cup of water and stir it into his food Makes it really soupy but the extra water helps out with the constipation as well.

Have you checked Latte for dehydration?

4. Mocha aka Cold Play

I checked her awhile ago to see if she had stomach discomfort. Nothing.

She is eating wet/dry and her oat grass and she drank.

No she does not. She is methodical to always urine and stool if not overnight by the time she eats in the morning. Today it was a little later for her wet but she had dry overnight as her "allotment" for the day was cleaned up.

I did notice she gained 2 pounds since about a month ago. While she struggled to eat from a food bowl with the loss of Mocha, she must have been eating more from the floor than I knew. So now, she is no longer in danger of fatty liver from not eating but "fatty body" and will no longer free feed w/o measuring for the day.

5. Mocha aka Cold Play

Hi Bobbie. Hope all is well in your house.

That is new to me about the 14 hours.

Here's the thing. I gave her miralax about a week after she had a stool partially stuck (her first time). What a fiasco. I had not gotten to pick up the miralax because she was passing her normal stool the next day after the stuck incident. Her stools tend to be thinner and not super moist. But, she buries hers so harder to tell moister. So she has had it four doses at 1/8th into the top of her wet can with additional water on top. If I were to really add anymore water she will not eat it. She has to smell the chicken scent from the can. She does not even eat the "food" ever but I give it to her because of having Mocha on wet and her wanting something in a can too. This was all she would ever get the liquid from, so I felt about a year ago, better to get some extra moisture to help her stools.

I just wondered if perhaps initially Miralax could make things worse somehow? I don't know.

Now the 11th hour mark. I took her to the litter box and tried to lower her (no lid) and she was not having that. Put her in front of it and she left.

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Check her to see if she is dehydrated with the skin snap test and you can look at her gums also. They should be light pink and moist when you slide you finger across them. If they are sticky and light colored, she could be dehydrated.

Mocha aka Cold Play likes this.
  7. Mocha aka Cold Play

I did check her scruff pull and she snapped immediately back, so good. Good to know about the gums. She is eating now.

Finally a urine deposit........one down.:p

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Oh good!!!!! She was just being stubborn. :p

9. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

With a female cat going hours without urinating is not so scary. With a make it can be serious because they can block. It happened to Max. After that for a year I was on the verge the of taking him to the ER many times at midnight when he hadn't gone since the morning. Now I'm worried because he goes 7 times in 24 hours due to CKD.

It's a good idea to add extra water to the food when you need to use Miralax. Another test for dehydration is if the gums are slick to the touch rather than tacky. Are you seeing daily normal poop? If not yiu might need to add a little more Miralax or talk to your vet. I'm glad she used the box. At least you know she is concentrating her urine.

10. Mocha aka Cold Play

I thought I was losing my mind. I thought I smelt stool in the litter room but I could not find it in the box. I even moved stuff around to investigate. Well, it was really annoying as I just went in again. The little furball made her deposit on the laminate floor in a back corner behind bags of litter. Sorry folks.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  11. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Better out than in – even if it is on the floor. Did you check to see how hard/dry it was? That will tell you if you need to increase the dosage.

12. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Glad you found it!

13. Bobbie And Bubba

Toooooo funny! Glad every thing came out all right even if it wasn't in the LB ;)

14. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Poop in a box?????? Who would have thought, although Smokey did do it twice last week in a box. As long as he goes at this point, I'm okay with puppy pads.

Good job on finding it.

15. Mocha aka Cold Play

Funny. As I was scooping it with many paper towels, my brain said, well that is what you get for saying you can't tell the moisture in the lb because she "covers it" (well guess she was helping me). Actually it was wetter than ones in the box before but not runny. Think we are making progress. I need neon signs to direct. o_O

16. Mocha aka Cold Play

I have the puppy pads too. Used to use them for my sweet Mocha when she could not get in the box fast enough with urine. I thought about maybe I should put one in the corner. Then I thought, don't think so. Then she will make that her permanent spot. I think they laugh at us, right? :confused:

17. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Of course they laugh at us!! And snicker and plot their revenge. They're cats:woot:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.