Norman's BG now 267

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Milo & Norman & Sarah, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milo & Norman & Sarah

Milo & Norman & Sarah Member

My husband just checked...his BG is 267...even with changing the food to a different FF variety. We have purchased a completely different brand to give to him this evening. I will be picking up the ketone tester on my way home from work. Should we wait to see how this these items turn out? Or any thoughts on what I should do next? I got a hold of the vets office, but they have to call me back...

Any suggestions?

2. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

i posted on your other thread.
    do the ketone test as soon as norman pees. usually i go in the room and clean the box as an incentive for my cat to pee, then i use a clean ladle to collect the pee right after they start peeing, then dip the strip in that. you can also mix a little clean litter with water and test that to see whether it gives you a false positive, and if it doesn't you can dip it in the urine puddle right after they pee, before they have a chance to cover it up or for the litter to soak it up, if you think using the ladle or dipping the strip directly in the pee stream will not be successful.

did you get a fructosamine done? that may convince your vet to start insulin. giving norman low carb food (7% or lower if you look at janet & binky's food charts) and mixing water to that will help, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.