Not eating FF pate. Trying Wysong Epigen 90

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Athenaglaukopis, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Athenaglaukopis

Athenaglaukopis Member

My fluffy girl hasn’t been eating well,
    She has almost no teeth, diabetic and on remission, currently not on insulin, recently hurt her paw so not waking much, and she has lost interest in her fancy feast pate. Given mirtazapine (appetite enhancer, work for a bit and then back to the same).

she was eating her two 3 ounce fancy feast a day and lately due to an injury on her paw which is healing nicely. She has been not eating well, not moving much, etc. took her to the vet, she is fine just sore and probably why she won’t move much.
    Even though I’ve put the food on her face and tried every trick on the book, it’s hard to get her to eat lately and has lost some weight. I’m just worried.
    She is a dry food addict.
    So I’m currently giving her ( when she won’t eat much) supplemental dry food (Wysong Epigen 90 starch free). I believe that wet food is the best for her but, hey, when she is not eating, anything helps, and she googles the dry food!

I haven’t Input the tests with her food on my sheet yet but so far this is the info:
    Amps: 99, +2: 110. +4: 116. +6: 102
    I’m not sure how to interpret this but is seems the dry food just moves her BG a bit, and seems to be safe for her. Is this correct?

In less than a week I’ll be going on my honey moon and leaving her at home under the care of a friend, but I want to make sure that that feeding her this food is an option if she doesn’t want wet food.

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Have you tried Sheba, they can have all the pate flavors they are low in carb, also there is low carb dr elseys clean protein and young again mature less than 1 carb, you have to order either one not in stores on dry food
    Have fun on honeymoon

3. Bellasmom

4. Carolyn Ross

Carolyn Ross Member

If you can get some Bonita flakes, and your cat likes fish flavor, it's great for sprinkling on their food or for giving as treats. Sheba is also a great suggestion and (for awhile) my cat loved Dr. Elseys chicken Clean Protein kibble. They used to send you a sample if you request it from their web site.

Bellasmom likes this.
  5. Bellasmom

Young again will send sample as well

6. Justin & Sebastian

Justin & Sebastian Well-Known Member

One thing I have found is that the consistency matters a lot. I was giving Sebastian the Wellness Core Turkey & Duck for a while, he got sick and then stopped eating that and I switched to Merrick Bistro Beef Pate, but I found that if I blended the Wellness Core into a slurry, put it into a syringe, and then squirted it on a plate he would eat it that way but not when it was solid. I've watched him eat and he does a lot more licking than biting, so it seemed like having a consistency he could lick up was a lot better for him. It was almost like he would lick at the solid wet food, maybe take a bite or two, and then give up because it was too much effort. He recently has started eating less of the Merrick now, but just yesterday I discovered that if I add some water into the bowl and mix it up so it's like a much soupier consistency that he can lick up he's started eating it a lot more readily. So I then tried it with my other cat who doesn't have any medical issues but is an extremely fussy eater and lo and behold, she started eating a lot more of her food also.

7. Athenaglaukopis

Athenaglaukopis Member

Thank you so much.
    Amps: 99, +2: 110. +4: 116. +6: 102
    I’m not sure how to interpret this but is seems the dry food just moves her BG a bit, and seems to be safe for her. Is this correct?

Bellasmom likes this.
  8. Athenaglaukopis

Athenaglaukopis Member

Thank you so much, yes, iv done this and mix it with bullet. I’ve tried everything and running out of options, but I’m trying to interpret this,Amps: 99, +2: 110. +4: 116. +6: 102

Bellasmom likes this.
  9. Athenaglaukopis

Athenaglaukopis Member

Thank you for the suggestions, tried it but she hates fish. Dislikes any other dry freeze food. I’m not looking for food digestion but rather help interpreting how the Wysong Epigen 90 is affecting her, any thoughts? Amps: 99, +2: 110. +4: 116. +6: 102

10. Bellasmom

I’m not sure how many carbs are in her dry food, do you know

11. Bellasmom

17D00725-430C-4D26-8F43-1AF615E738FC.png
    This is what I found, seems carbs are 7.3% per ounce
    But also has a significant lower amount of water than wet, what if you crushed up a few and put on wet food

12. Bellasmom

I’m not pushing young again on you in any way but it’s made for diabetic cats and I think you would see all greens, if she has to have dry again I say that, her numbers look great

13. Bellasmom

She beautiful

14. Bellasmom

Yes, I’m gonna guess the food is giving the blues

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.