Not eating much....what to ask vet

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Gwen and Morris, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Morris went for approx 24 hours without eating any food. This evening, with the help of those over on the Lantus board, I was finally able to get him to eat a bit! I think we have ruled out pancriatitis & the need for a dental. I will be speaking with my vet tomorrow. Any suggestions of questions for me to ask?? You can read the full details of tonights adventure at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5736

2. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

i don't think you've ruled out pancreatitis flare unless you get the test. my cat is a confirmed CP cat and his most major symptom is grouchiness when he flares and going off his food.

but your cat needs an exam by vet checking everything from teeth to anal glands (one end to the other), blood work, u/a, a quick x-ray, all the usual things that a work up consists of, just for diabetic cats we add in an fPLI test when cat is 'off' for unknown reason.
    do try to get him in tomorrow, 24 hours is a long time for a diabetic cat to go without eating hardly anything, k?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.