? Not sure what happened. Need advice

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Clark, Jul 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark Member

Charlie has been fine for 5 months. Then today she seemed off. Tired . Grumpy. Her sugar is 390. Way off thr norm. She won't eat. Can I still give a small dose? Not sure what's going on. No money for vet.

2. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Hi Clark. I'm sorry I'm too new to help, but I did notice that Charlie's SS is "access denied." Could you change the permissions so that someone knowledgeable can see it and weigh in?

3. Clark

Clark Member

Can you access it now?

4. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Yes! I’m sure someone who is much wiser than me will weigh in soon. All best wishes.

5. Clark

Clark Member

I managed to get here to eat a little. And gave 1 unit. I'm at a loss. Unless she ate something that I don't know of.

JanetNJ likes this.
  6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I think that will be a good amount.

7. Clark

Clark Member

I do not have money for vet, she seems restless. Anxious almost. But for most part seems ok.

8. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Is she hiding or lethargic? Could something be causing her pain?

9. Clark

Clark Member

Yes. Low energy. I thought her breathing looked different. I counted. 30 breaths a minute which is normal from what I read. 20- 30 a minute. I don't know if she's in pain.

10. HereKittyKittyKitty

HereKittyKittyKitty Member

If you live in a multi-family building, could she have eaten a poisoned mouse (if someone put mouse bait in their unit without your knowledge)? Poisoned bug(s)?

Does she have any injuries? You might have to look very closely to find... maybe got ahold of a rat, bird, snake, squirrel, dog, etc., or got stuck in a very small space, or a tub/shower with a closed door.

Does anyone have access to your place? Could they have given what they thought was a nice treat, but it had carbs?

Dental treat? Cat toothpaste/gel?

11. Clark

Clark Member

Seems to be back to normal. She threw up a few times. Then slowly stststa to feel better. I take her out in a leash. Possible she nibbled on something. Never happened before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.