not wanting to eat at time of injection

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lillie, Mar 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lillie

Lillie Member

I think I've turned my thread into three different topics here. Sorry but just had to report that Leo's BG at 2:30PM today which is three hours fasting is 108. The smaller lancet was so so much better and making sure I pricked the very end of the ear away from the vein worked so very well. He did not feel anything but still did not like being constrained and got very antsy but I was able to compress the skin for at least 20 seconds and will check for any bleeding in a little while. I did give him a freeze dried duck treat after so I think I will save these treats for test time so he associates them with something good. I can't thank you guys enough in educating me about needle gauges- which my vet did not and gave me those humungus size needles! No insulin since Tues. morning and BG has been in normal ranges. Is there a particular time of day that would be good to test at this point?

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

I think stick with the AMPS and PMPS, then a random mid cycle. I just glanced at some of the SS's for OTJ kitties :)

Djamila and Kris & Teasel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.