Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

I think I’ve been in a total mental state of cat diagnoses- my brain is fried. I’m so tired of trying to figure just what is wrong with Baby! It is sooo frustrating to take my cat to stay overnight, she doesn’t trust me, spend $450 & not have the answers needed. Calling today.
    She presents with:
    • Eating 1/3 can friskies mixed grill every three hours.
    • Slept all day yesterday & didn’t care much about being outside (she wants to live out there usually)
    • Urinated outside of both litter boxes last night
    • Looking discontent-
    My grandchildren are here & that could explain some of it! Eeeek

So today I will buy cat attract, finally do a check when the kids take their nap, Set up my new larger than life litter box, praying the little one (Kenna) doesn’t think it’s a new sandbox for her! Also buying more expensive freeze dried chicken treats (I’m way to lenient with her temptations) enabler I am. She loves them!
    And anything else anyone can suggest or diagnose!!
    Good part: no diahpoo!

2. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Kids in the house! If nothing is drastically wrong maybe wait until the carpet-crawlers are gone, they're invading BGK's space. If I wasn't feeling well I'd want privacy.
    Kids.... yechh. Get off my lawn!
    :rolleyes:

Sylvie and Becky & Baby Girl GA like this.
  3. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Well I can’t seem to solve this! They have lived with me for 2 yrs!! Daughter divorced & was only gonna stay a few months! At fathers house part time, but I have already blamed them (not really, kinda) for causing this diabetes.
    I have asked repeatedly to please go/ my daughter wants to but seems there’s always another problem, or after this... or don’t like that, or bad neighborhood... etc.
    Thanks Dickson for the definitive solution! Now how to accomplish this, pray tell!?
    I really love them soooo much, my babies... been there done that. Single mom & all that. Never married again & adore my alone time. Lonely at times but my Baby helps! One thing for sure! I have not been lonely for 2 years!
    Sitting on my back patio with earplugs on, daughter is laughing at me.... :))) again, talking too much! Have a great day ya’all

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

The peeing out of the box will hopefully subside when the bg is controlled. Lock temptations far away. I used to dole them out by the handful not realizing how bad they were. Once my cat went a bit low, I gave her 4-5, and 15 min later she was 100 points higher. Yikes.

5. Noah & me (GA)

Oh crap. Do you mean the Whiska's Temptations specifically Janet? Lewis is our misunderstood fat belligerent cat and he hogs Noah's basket. Instead of throwing a shoe at him I get out the Temptations and they all go seriously berserk. I should know better.
    Becky, just pretend you never heard me say anything about throwing shoes. My bad.

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  6. JanetNJ

Yep that would be them. Lol kitty Crack.

7. Noah & me (GA)

And all this time I thought WTF meant "Why that's fantastic!"

8. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Have you seen their commercial? Their must be some really good drugs in those temptations! Yes crack!!! Cause Baby actually runs for her goodies I call them! Blind cats are cautious & do not run! You do not throw shoes at your cats! I know better!

9. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Janet, I’ll save them for a low blood episode- oh no I should not have said that! Jinx
    I actually took her dry food away cold turkey & she doesn’t miss it. I put a small amount out to see & she did not touch it! Strange that she dismissed it so easily! Ok- I’ll hide them. Anything else close that she could have as a treat? What does yours eat? Thank you

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  10. Noah & me (GA)

We have finally made the switch to all wet. The sink smells bad and I have to watch where I walk in dim light. Squoosh!!! "Aw...%*&_)((+*(*+8?!!^ "

Becky & Baby Girl GA and JanetNJ like this.
  11. JanetNJ

For treats I give catnip, deli meats, chicken.... You can do freeze dried meat treats

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  12. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Actually Baby has been normal BG since Thursday before last... even with about a dozen temptations daily. I whispered that in my head! I don’t even want to say it out loud.
    She began with vomiting & diahpoo- then lower numbers. I took her to the vet on day 3 (new very knowledgeable vet) & left her overnight. She is peeing everywhere due to a UTI, which probably didn’t get properly treated from the first episode. So I know it’s never over. She is still eating/hungry then all of this began. She had gained close to a half pound since dx. So I don’t know what’s up? Numbers still normal anywhere from 75-99? But I’ll still keep her on her pate food & bake her a chicken. Thank you again for the help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.