Nulo Cat Food

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Red46, Apr 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red46

Red46 New Member

How does everyone feel about this food with an old diabetic having g gastrointestinal issues? My cat Red also gets Pepcid regularly & probiotics. S. boulardii. TIA for any help!

2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

The pate varieties are low carb and do not have carrageenan, so that's good, but I think all flavors contain some fish, so you may want to limit them.

4. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Just a suggestion... I have 2 old guys and my non diabetic has gastro issues-
    I initially gave pepcid but then I researched more and although it did help his tummy it does not allow for the acids needed to break down food. For us it also made his heart race.
    He has done really well on ondansetron instead.
    I know many people use pepcid and have no issues just throwing out another option
    The Pancreas booster supplement by Pet Alive has been helpful as well:cat:
    :bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Nulo didn't agree with my kitty, who had intestinal lymphoma. But ECID, so it's worth a try.

6. Nicole Z

Nicole Z Well-Known Member

I am currently feeding the nulo gold series dry duck and trout but I'm trying to wean her off. They advertise this one as low carb but I'm not sure if it's technically acceptable or not for diabetic

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Max liked Nulo chicken which was part of his rotation until CKD. it was too high in phos for him.

8. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

It was on my shortlist of things to try. It had guar gum in it which I was trying to avoid as a food/allergy experiment. I ended up using a different brand, but Nulo was #2 on the list. Not all the Nulo's have the same carb content, but there are a few low carb options. Lisa's list should have the info or I can try to dig up the response I got from them when I contacted them.

9. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Ahhh, if it's dry it is a no-no! I think everyone here (including me) assumed you were asking about their canned food. It's good that you're weaning her off of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.