Numbers don't quite compute

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (The Main Forum)' started by shelaghc, Feb 12, 2018.

1. shelaghc

shelaghc Member

Jun 28, 2017
    I had to bump Jester's dosage up to 1.5U yesterday because of annoyingly high BGs. (Completely screwed up the curve I did on him on Saturday, in fact.)

And now this - Jester's AMPS via both generic and OEM test strips on the OneTouch meter:
    First w/ the generic strip - BG 537
    Second w/ OEM strip - BG 490
    Third w/ generic again - BG 410

The first two were even on the same drop of blood, for cryin' out loud! Usually, the generic strips register BG lower than the OEM.

Frankly, I almost don't want to even put any of this into the spreadsheet - it's almost sort of embarrassing.

Anyone ever run into this kind of goofiness with a test?

Yeesh. A couple of months ago, I would have been panicking through the roof!
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Meters are allowed a plus/minus 20% variance in their readings. All those numbers fit fairly well into those limits.
  3. shelaghc

shelaghc Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Doesn't make me any happier with that number......

Usually by now he's responding to 1.5U and coming down.
  4. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2015
    I've had similar situations with Squallie. I end up just taking the average of the three tests and going withn that as my number!
  5. shelaghc

shelaghc Member

Jun 28, 2017
    I think I like going with the lowest number this time. The average would be really high and I prefer to think he's lower than higher.
    Nan & Amber and Squalliesmom like this.