Numbers dropping rapidly, need some help.

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by TempestsMum, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Great thanks Alexi I am going to go order a box the ones I have are hard to do smaller doses with. I don't really know what all the numbers and gauges mean yet. :)

2. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Stunning kitty! :) you are very blessed.

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Thank you. :D He was my Mom's cat and I have to admit, I was jealous he wasn't mine right from the get go but I got to watch him grow up and babysit him all his life! I've had him as mine for the past 10 years. He's got cattitude plus although he's a little mellower now than he was!

TempestsMum likes this.
  4. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Ok so just tested her bg at 310 tonight so that means I give 1/2 unit I think?

5. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes, 0.5u would be the recommended dose at that pre-shot. :)

TempestsMum likes this.
  6. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Done :) I will be testing before bed and prob set my alarm again just in case. Praying this works!
    Thank you @Sue and Oliver (GA) for the recommendation

Sharon14 likes this.
  7. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Just checking in :) +6 is in the yellow - the first yellow I've seen in a couple of cycles. Happy to see it! :) back to sleep for me!! Happy Hugs! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice! Love it! When you post tomorrow, start a new thread as this one is getting too long. Title it something different. Get a great night's sleep :cat:

TempestsMum likes this.
  9. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Will do! :)

10. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Hi Alexi the syringes arrived this morning. :)
    I'm trying to work out how to give 0.25 with them. The first mark is 5u, im assuming the lower (mark at half) would be 2.5u and the first notch at the very bottom is 1u?

Many thanks! :cat:

11. Bobbie And Bubba

Hey there. If you are going to use U100 syringes with Prozinc, you will need the conversion table which is below. The dosing will be more like 0.20 unit increments rather than 0.25 increments. It will allow you do micro dose.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/insulin-conversions.htm

Yell if you need help. When I first start using the U100 I would triple check myself on the conversation chart.

TempestsMum likes this.
  12. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Hi Bobbie :) thank you!
    These are u40 syringes with 0.5ml marks on them, numbers are not my thing and syringes even less so. And this I definitely don't want to get wrong. The first mark says 5u on it and it goes up to 20u with tiny marks in between.

13. Bobbie And Bubba

What color are the caps?

14. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

15. Bobbie And Bubba

Interesting. The U100 in the states have orange caps. Let's tag @Alexi to have her help you as I don't want to give any wrong advice.

TempestsMum likes this.
  16. Alexi

Alexi Member

Hi @TempestsMum. If you hold the syringe up to the light you can see a number 5, this is the 5 unit mark, half way between that and the needle is a long mark - this is the 2.5 unit mark, each of the small marks is 0.5 units, the last small mark just by the end of the syringe is the zero start point, so to draw up 1 unit you would pull from there to 2 small marks higher up. To draw up the insulin depress the plunger fully then slowly pull back until you hit the right mark for your dose, if you are doing a 0.25 increment then the black end of the plunger needs to be midway between the marks, it helps to hold the syringe up to the light when you do this. You can do a few practice runs testing where each dose falls on the marks before you draw up the insulin by watching where the black end of the plunger ends up. Strictly speaking u40 insulin should have red caps and not orange, but written on the side of the syringe is 'u40 insulin only'.

TempestsMum likes this.
  17. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Yes I see @Alexi thats definitely easier looking than what I'm doing thanks :) so 0.25 would be between the very bottom mark (0) and the first notch with the plunger inbeteeen. I appreciate the help and the links! Am also using the strips you suggested as my local pharmacy keep them so very handy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.