? Numbers keep bouncing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Zelda & Walter, Oct 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

Hi—vet increased the insulin to 2.5 last week but the numbers are still high. Lady night, finally got a number under 300 but this morning, it’s at 711. He’s eating a combInation of Fancy Feast classic pate (beef) and PURINA DM selects. I feed him in the morning, evening, and a smaller portion at midday. He’s hungry all the time. I’m reluctant to increase the dosage too rapidly because he’s had DKA three times— was hospitalized once as a result.
    Spreadsheet is current ( finished completing it last night). I hope it’s attached properly
    Any advice welcomed.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Can you add to your profile which insulin it is? People familiar with your insulin can help. Good job getting the spreadsheet up. The dm selects is a medium carb food. I would save that one for when you are trying to raise the numbers. Stick with the fancy feast. Try whenever you can to get at least one mid cycle number.

3. Zelda & Walter

4. Zelda & Walter

Thanks Janet. Just added Lantus to the signature. I wondered about the DM. The vet had prescribed it but when I saw the carb content I was concerned. I appreciate your input on that front. Will get a mud-cycle number.

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Since it’s Lantus, I would ask your question in the Lantus section. My cat is on a different insulin that’s dose differently, but they should be able to help you.

Zelda & Walter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.