Numbers question

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Sootyca, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sootyca

Sootyca Member

Since dropping down to 1 unit, Sky's BG has increased. Is this a normal reaction to dropping dosage? I can't do a curve until Tuesday.

I'm still playing with her food a little to see if any particular food helps keep her numbers lower.

2. Alexi

Alexi Member

She was dropping a bit too fast on the 2 units so may be yo-yo ing a bit, I would hold the dose for at least another 24 hours. Do you have syringes with 0.5 unit markings? If you need to increase I would do so by no more than 0.25 units but it is difficult to eyeball. Unless she continues to increase I would try to stick to 1 unit until you can do a curve, she is still in good numbers. The food may be affecting her numbers a little.

Sootyca likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Ok, maybe stick with one until tuesday when you can curve, and then you can assess if it's a good dose or if you want to up it a bit to 1.25 or 1.5.

4. Sootyca

Sootyca Member

Thanks, will persevere with the 1 until I've done the curve and see what it is like then.

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

It could also be that 1 is good when in the yellows, and 1.5 when a pink preshot. Doing a curve will certainly give you more info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.