nutrional info on Wellness pouches?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by jimsy, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimsy

jimsy New Member

The good news is that Whistle is responding well to the enzyme powder and B-12 injections. Her numbers have been appearing (fingers crossed) to come down and stabilize. The bad news is that she hates, hates, hates the enzyme powder and is being a very picky eater. Many of the things I can get her to eat with the powder in it are not nutritionally complete (baked chicken, FF appetizers) or have ingredients I'd like to avoid (she'll eat it in FF roasted varieties, which I tried out of desperation because they were low-carb, but they do have soy flour and wheat gluten). Today I returned, again, to the local pet food store and went to town buying a variety of foods to offer her. I picked up some of the grain-free Wellness pouches since she seems to like whole pieces of meat in sauce. She has eaten half a pouch with the powder in it, no problem (hope it keeps up). However, there is no info on these on Janet and Binky's page. They appear to contain the same ingredients as low-carb Wellness varieties. Does anyone else feed the pouches or have info on them? I would really appreciate it as I want to make sure they're good for Whistle.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Check this thread out from a few days ago, scroll down to the post by Karen/Angus,
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7929&p=78943&hilit=wellness+pouches#p78943

she mentions Wellness pouches as listed under Healthy Indulgence in Janet & Binky's (GA) food chart

http://binkyspage.tripod.com/CanFoodNew.html

I agree also with the fact that Wellness, the company is very very good for giving info out on their products - but you should specifically ask..they have a pretty good website with ingredients etc, but you can get a lot of info out of them by contacting them directly, either thru their website contact form or calling them. I've done it a couple of times and they've always been helpful and informative.

3. jimsy

jimsy New Member

Thank you! Somehow I didn't even think to look under Healthy Indulgence. The numbers aren't too bad on them--I only bought the grain-free varieties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.