Obtaining Prozinc

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Indigo, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Indigo

Indigo Member

Is prozinc Available at a better price anywhere, I am paying $117 at my vet. I’ve yet to purchase a full bottle, the bottle my vet sold me when Jackson was diagnosed was about a half a bottle ..
    Well the bottles getting low and Jackson’s going to be needing some I see it on Chewy I see it on other websites but y’all know better than me.

Also if anyone knows where to get U40 syringes at a great price I already own my own sharps container so I can buy the syringes separate

let me know thanks so much .

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I've been getting mine from Chewy as my vet charges $170! They are prompt, and it comes well packaged. As far as syringes, I get u100's from adwdiabetes.com and then use the conversion chart. I believe ADW sells u40's too though if you prefer to stick with those.

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

That's really not a bad vet price for it. You would just have to see who has it online the cheapest at the time you want to buy it. It seems like the prices fluctuate. Also, look for coupon codes and check what each place charges for shipping. These places all sell it: Chewy, VetRxDirect, 1800PetMeds, Allivet.

ADWDiabetes is where I get my syringes. It is where I got U40s (with half unit markings), and it is where I get U100s (with 1/2 unit markings). Be sure to do an internet search for a coupon code. There is always one out there.

Indigo likes this.
  4. Indigo

Indigo Member

Today’s the first day I have seen that dosing chart. I was not aware of the other syringe until today. We are still pretty new to this, I will definitely check into the diabetes website regarding the syringes and according to price I think I will make my decision on whether I want to use that conversion chart and u100 syringes or stick with the u40.

If I do that changeover I think I will have to make a chart and laminate it for his kit, but then again maybe it’s not that hard. Thank you :bighug:

5. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Ditto here. My vet charges $180 and chewy is about $96 Also use ADW for U 40 with half unit markings. ... about to order my first bottle from chewy today. I actually called and asked about packaging and shipping concerns and all sounds good.

6. Indigo

Indigo Member

I sure do appreciate everyone’s help :bighug:

7. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I'd definitely print out the chart if you use u100s. The conversion isn't really that hard, but it's better to be able to use the chart and just be sure you're giving the right dose. :)

Indigo likes this.
  8. Indigo

Indigo Member

Thank you I think for now I will stick with the U40 syringe I’m already stressed enough and I don’t need any more complications

Rachel likes this.
  9. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Yep, stick with what you're comfortable with. If we get to the point where you need smaller increments, we can revisit the u100s.

Indigo likes this.
  10. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I order it from Chewy. They pack it very well. Unfortunately they recently raised the price from 96 to 115. Bummer. Still that's for A FULL bottle. Weird your vet sells you half bottles

11. Indigo

Indigo Member

Well sadly the half bottle was a left over from a house sugar kitty that the clinic adopted and they had to put that sugar kitty down :rb_icon:

12. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

they charged double what they should have for a half used bottle.

13. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

:banghead::stop: Makes me mad when the people that are supposed to help or babies take advantage.

14. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Wait. I thought you meant your vet was going to charge you $117 for a FULL bottle, not that you had been charged that for the half bottle. If you were charged that for a half bottle, that is ridiculous.

15. Indigo

Indigo Member

He charged me $80 for half bottle, ok well less then half, yeah he definitely took advantage of me not knowing the full price of a whole bottle. If I knew that price was $117 for a whole bottle I never would’ve paid 80 for that. That is precisely why I came home grab my tablet and started looking up all the information I could find in regards to Feline diabetes and found you all

JanetNJ likes this.