Off the Juice!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ashley O Waterhouse, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashley O Waterhouse

Ashley O Waterhouse New Member

Zeus has been off his shots for 2 days now and the vet gave me the go ahead to keep him off his shots for the next 2 weeks. I will need to keep monitoring until his blood panel but I'm feeling really confident. He seems so much happier and more energetic.

Thank you all for your food suggestions I really think that's what has helped him the most.

Kris & Teasel, JeffJ and Mags920 like this.
  2. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Great news Ashley. Let's hope Zeus continues to enjoy the non-diabetic lifestyle!

3. AshleyDiamond

AshleyDiamond Member

@Ashley O Waterhouse may I suggest that you continue to test everyday still at AMPS and PMPS during this period of no insulin. Protocol is 14 days with no insulin (still checking the 2 times a day) to declare remission. My vet did the same thing when u took my boy in and they checked his levels. They said yup he is in remission and suggested I checked maybe once a month. I let them know id be following the protocol to check twice a day for 14 days before saying he was truly in remission. He did get there by the way ;)

4. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

5. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Yay! Always nice to read good news.

6. Laly&Kitiara

Laly&Kitiara Member

congrats Ashley! I'm so happy for Zeus and you. and at the risk of sounding naive I wish the same for my cat and every other cat in the site : a diabitis-insuline-testing-free life with extended good quality life and healthy food.
    I am retrospectely so sad of the food choices that I made for: 1. convenience 2-to avoid malnutrition- I ended making my cat adicted to balanced dry food and hence the diabetis and skin problems......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.