? Off the wall, strange thinking

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Julia Rae, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

I know cinnamon works with helping humans control carb cravings and high BG, does it help cats the same way?? ai know quite a few human meds work with our fur children and I wonder if any have heard anything of this or tried it... I am thinking of it to help Magellan with some of his higher numbers so that he is successful with his OTJT :) :joyful: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Cinnamon has been discussed here before and nothing has been concluded about its use in cats.

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing Julia Rae. I have a holistic pet book and she says, Andi Brown, that pumpkin is a must for pets with diabetes as it helps supports the pancreas. Any thought out there on a daily tsp of pumpkin in our sugar babies food?

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

I've read on human pancreatitis that pumpkin is supposed to be good. I give Saoirse a smidge of pumpkin every now and again. @Bron and Sheba gives Sheba pumpkin regularly. I don't have any evidence from Saoirse one way or the other that it helps, but it doesn't seem to harm (and her BG is not negatively impacted by it).

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Aine, really good to see you.:)

I give Sheba a teaspoon of cooked mashed pumpkin I cook myself twice a day in with her meal.
    I started to give it to her when she had diarrhoea and it did help that. Now I give it for roughage / a few carbs as she has a home prepared diet.
    It has never done her any harm as far as I am aware.
    I don't think it impacts her BSLs at all.
    It could well support the pancreas but I have no evidence of that.

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good to know Critter Mom and Bron and Sheba.

7. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

I plan on trying it out on Magellan that and fish oil, will keep all up to date with how it goes. I know he had no issue with eating it last night when I gave it to him with his dinner.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  8. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Likewise, Bron. Likewise! :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.