Officially Joining the Ranks...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Melize, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melize

Melize New Member

Hi,
    I am a veterinary professional (tech) who has referred many clients to this site for support over the years. I now have decided to take the plunge and adopt a dm cat myself. The shelter I volunteer for was struggling to place a cranky old tortie who had been newly diagnosed with dm. I just lost one of my family kitties and figured, why not, I have the knowledge, am comfortable with the injections, diet and bg's. So we welcomed a new family member, loving named Diabetty by my husband.

I am discovering this is more challenging to have a dm kitty at home than expected but we are figuring it out. The better she feels the more personality I am seeing! Your experiences and references here have been a great help in getting us settled at home. I decided rather than just lurking, I'd join the community. Thank you so much for being a supportive community of cat lovers, especially those with special needs.

2. Nicki & Marcus

Nicki & Marcus Member

I am so thankful that there will be people with a LOT of experience--like you--on this list! Again, I am so glad to have just stumbled on this place!

Peridot700, JanetNJ and Magic Johnson like this.
  3. Magic Johnson

Magic Johnson Member

Welcome, and congrats to you and your new tortie! Diabetty

Peridot700 likes this.
  4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. For you it will be easy as pie. Many new members are put off by syringes and testing.

I have always felt the biggest challenge is finding the custom routine that fits with your kitteh.

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Great name! Ha ha! Welcome

Peridot700 likes this.
  6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! :)

Peridot700 likes this.
  7. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! I'm glad you decided to come out of the shadows and join us. :)

Peridot700 likes this.
  8. Peridot700

Peridot700 New Member

Welcome! I joined this group three days ago, and the members are fantastic! I've learned so much in just a short amount of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.