Officially OTJ for a month now..

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ChloesMama, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChloesMama

ChloesMama Member

Woohoo!

Still recovering from my surgery, so haven't put in the last few days for spreadsheet, but Chloe is consistently in the greens with a few blues (usually when Papa has tested/fed her late).

Do you think it's safe to start testing maybe twice a week? Or once a week?

She's doing so well... I want to just print my spreadsheet, show the vet and say, "LOOOK! Your first Remission Kitty!!"

:)

Thanks for all the help, everyone. I don't know what would have happened if I continued to shoot her blindly ( actually, I do know.. I just can't think about it).

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

yuppers! and congrats!

3. ChloesMama

ChloesMama Member

Thanks :) Is once a week too little? I wasn't sure if we should taper off or not.. when I had my surgery, I had Peter do all the testing and keep up with doing it twice a day (then once a day when we ran low on strips. I was gonna make him learn to test, even if it killed me!). A few of her higher numbers are because it takes him numerous tries to get a good drop of blood.

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

No once a week is fine and honestly if you test less than that it's fine too. The main point of continual testing is to reassure yourself that everything is ok.

Honestly, when Maui went OTJ I continued testing that month and then totally stopped. I've only tested her 3 times since. Of course I'm not a poster child for testing, but you get the idea.

Random tests when you think about or think something seems off.

5. ChloesMama

ChloesMama Member

6. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

good job!

7. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Congrats to all three of you!!!! Way to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.