ok, here goes, i shot him.

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Anonymous, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

any hand holding will be appreciated. i tried, god knows to put my google spreadsheet here on my profile without success. i got as far as making one, now it's probably erased. i will accept any offers to walk thru on the phone.
    here's what we have.
    tom's otj for 2+ years after 29 days on pzi. steroid shot kitty. 12 years old (give or take)
    1-12 tested bg's becuase he was hungrier and a bit thinner lookier so, the + refers to after last meal.

1-12 +8 122
    1-13 +3 207
    1-13 +2 148
    1-15 +12 252 EEKS!
    1-15 +8 87 huh?
    1-16 +12 217 shot 1/4 u idexx pzi

waiting on pins and needles. and btw, seems like since i've begun my obsessive worry his appetite has gone back to normal and his weight looks normal again. he seems great this morning. so far...first shot in a long time, granted not much of one.

2. Sherri & Stash (GA)

Sherri & Stash (GA) Member

Consider your hand being held...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks....you can see his self come down yesterday from 252 to 87 in 6 hours...do you think i have to stay home and watch him, especially around +4 and up...really nervouse about shooting anything in such erratic #'s and worried about a crash. could he crash on what i think was 1/4 to 1/3 u. i shoot with the u40's so it's not perfect.

4. Sherri & Stash (GA)

I can't speak for PZI regarding nadir - I know on Vetsulin we would hit nadir around +4 then shoot up. But I do know what it's like to be nervous after a shot. And I know that's the only way that you, MommaBean, will feel safe.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sheri your not using pzi?

6. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Lori, let us know how it goes! Bix also has a working pancreas but runs higher at times, so whenever I shoot for him (he seems to like about 1/2 unit per shot), I always start freaking afterwards and wonder if I did the right thing! Whenever I do it at night, then I can't get to sleep for worrying. He has always been fine, so hopefully Tom will do great! I think somehow his body just integrates it, it's weird, but I never see much nadir when I do these single shots, but then he gets a nice ride for several days (no idea how it will work with Tom though, Bix is doing his own sugardance right now!)

Well anyhow, I don't have any advice, but am very sympathetic. I'm headed out for the day, but try posting over on Tech for help with the spreadsheet. There are a few over there who are pros at it and always happy to lend a hand.

If you are going out, I'd leave LC food out just in case, then if he does go lower hopefully he will eat it off. (And maybe just get a spot test before you are headed out).

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+3 68. i don't like this.

8. Joanna & Bix (GA)

ooh, that's a bit low, though not dangerous in and of itself

do you have HC on hand just in case you need it? also have you reviewed the Hypo post on Health lately? I find that really helpful to have guidelines to work with... I'll go double check that's it's bumped up where you can find it

I can't stick around, sorry, but I will link this to Health for you (and you might want to post there too if you want) - in case there's no one around in PZI Land right now, you will almost always find some great handholders on Health...

9. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Hi Lori, I just put a 911 post on Health & linked to this. I'm not sure that it's really a 911, hopefully he will trough nicely and be fine, but I figured better safe than sorry, right? Sorry I can't stick around, I will check back when I am back home.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks joanna, i do know what to do with lower #'s i'm just confused and frustrated with his wonky #'s. i don't think i can shoot again. i know a vet visit is in order, i just have'nt had it in me to go. looks like l'm running out of options.

11. Sherri & Stash (GA)

Sorry. No. We were on Vetsulin 2 1/2 years; been on Lantus since November.

12. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Hi Lori, just got home & checking in real quick before doing some other things, hope things went ok for the nadir!

If I shot again, I would probably try a fat 0, but I agree it's not clear if that's even the route to take if the #s aren't consistently higher.

And I agree probably a vet trip if you are still seeing symptoms and getting periodic higher #s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.