Ok to buy Prozinc online instead of vets?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sudio3, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Sudio3

Sudio3 Member

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone knows if it would be ok to buy Prozinc online rather then the vets office as it seems you can get it much cheaper online. I just wanted to make sure it was trustworthy and that there is no danger doing this.

Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  2. Kris & Rasmus

Kris & Rasmus Member

I'm wondering about this too, as if I get it online, it won't have been kept cold prior to delivery, right?

Sudio3 likes this.
  3. Asiina & Alex(GA)

Asiina & Alex(GA) Member

I don't know about the US, but in Canada you can buy it online and it'll be shipped rush delivery in a cooler with an ice pack so shouldn't take more than 48 hours. It was still cold when I got mine.

Sudio3 likes this.
  4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I just checked Chewy.com, they require a prescription and state: This item is specially packaged to remain refrigerated during transit. It looks like there are other online vendors also, you would have to check for how it is shipped, where they ship to and check reviews.

Sudio3 likes this.
  5. Sudio3

Sudio3 Member

Ok thank you!

6. Sudio3

Sudio3 Member

Ok thanks very much!

7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I've always gotten ProZinc from chewy. Very well packed in a cooler with ice packs.

Camcat and Sudio3 like this.
  8. Sammie's Mom

Sammie's Mom New Member

Yea, I can second that! Chewy.com is great! Always there the next day after checking with vet for prescription. Comes in cooler with two ice packs on either side. My last order got delayed a day but it still arrived cold with the ice packs still cold. I just thought I would chime in here and let you know how it comes. I highly recommended.

Sudio3 likes this.
  9. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I have gotten it from 1800PetMeds, and they are fine, too. Chewy's price usually runs slightly lower.

Sudio3 likes this.
  10. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I can third it! Chewy does a great job of shipping quickly and it's always arrived cold. Plus, once you enter the info, they contact the vet and take care of the prescription part, so it's super easy.

Sudio3 likes this.
  11. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

To the 4th power... chewy is great and have had no issues. I had a delivery faux pas once where they didn’t ship on the day requested (my refills ran out so they had to call my vet which held it up a day) and I was not going to be home the next day to get it in the fridge ASAP. They said if I get it and the ice is melted to call them and they would re ship. Fantastic customer service.

Sudio3 likes this.
  12. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Their customer service is second to none.

Sudio3 likes this.
  13. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I adore Chewy! I know a few people who've contacted them after they lost their kitties to stop auto ships and they'd be told to donate all remaining food or whatever to a local shelter, refund the latest payment, and they even sent flowers to at least one person with a card! I've never had a problem with them, and if I did, I know for a fact they'd make it right in a second.

Sudio3 and JanetNJ like this.
  14. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Kris, people in the UK do buy Prozinc online. It can work out cheaper, depending on how much your vet charges for a prescription (but that is typically about £15, and usually lasts for 6 months for repeat meds.) ...Depending on your dosage, a vial of Prozinc may well last you 6 months anyway, but...you could of course buy another vial during the 6 month period, as many vets think it only lasts a couple of months anyway...
    This is one place where UK folks buy Prozinc from. I get other meds for my cat from here, and they're very good.
    https://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/prozinc-insulin-for-cats-40-iu-ml

Edited to add: Just looked and they charge £5.99 for refrigerated delivery.

Kris & Rasmus likes this.
  15. Kris & Rasmus

Kris & Rasmus Member

Thanks, Eliz! I'm not really for another vial yet but it's good to know where to turn when I need one. I'm getting most of my supply through https://www.vetuk.co.uk/ and https://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/ when I need syringes, lancets et etc. They were very good when I bought hyperthyroidism meds for my other cat.

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.