ok why when it rains it then pours with cats.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kellie and Oreo (GA), Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kellie and Oreo (GA)

Kellie and Oreo (GA) Member

Ok this morning Blue was racing through house and knocked down my daughter's senior picture in a large wooden frame.
    I heard the crash and saw him, but did not think anything about it.
    Well now son is saying he is not moving back leg and then tried to look at it and he got very angry. So now I have him to be confined
    and resting, If he rest it should it be ok? He put wait on it trying to get away from us, but was screaming at us at the same
    time. Of course my vet I saw yesterday is not there today. If I give him the weekend to rest I could take him in on Monday to
    see vet if not better. Can any pills be giving to him? Boy if it is not one cat another. UHG
    Thanks guys
    Kellie

2. fourcatsmama

fourcatsmama Member

Was there glass in the frame and he stepped on glass? Or was he up high on a shelf with the photo and fell/ jumped but landed wrong?

3. Kellie and Oreo (GA)

Kellie and Oreo (GA) Member

The picture is on the wall right by the futon and as he ran like a nut along the top of it,
    he knocked down. There is no glass but either he landed wrong or the frame hit his leg/thigh
    area.
    Kellie

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh dear, sending more positive vibes your way...
    Jeanne

5. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

So he is not able to put weight on the leg? If you can't get a good look at it and palpate it to see if it feels broken I would try to get him to the vet.
    My civie, Sasha, injured her back leg once(have no idea how since we were not home) and I took her to the vet the next day because she was still limping. Vet did not think it felt broken and gave her an anti-inflammatory injection. She was better immendiately. Hope your fix will be just as easy or he will get better on his own!

6. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

If he can't put weight on it you need to get him to the ER . "Non-weight bearing" is a sign of a serious injury and a great deal of pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.