Old timers - Squeak earned his wings today

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jen & Squeak, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

For those of you 'old' enough to remember, we helped Squeak to the bridge today. He would have been 17 on Halloween, survived diabetes, liver disease and a coyote. He was a amazing personality but that evil disease cancer took him. We are devastated but are so relieved we could end his suffering.

Jen

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Jen, I'm so sorry.

wings_cat Fly free, Squeak...

Hugs,
    Jill

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss ((((((Jen))))))
    Fly Free Squeak. Please send your mom a sign that you are okay.

4. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

Godspeed Dear Squeak. Send your mommabean a message.
    Dana

5. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Even though I'm not an oldtimer, I'm sending my sympathies on the passing of your cat Squeak.

You loved Squeak to the end and beyond.

Fly free little Squeak. Say hello to all the kitties at the Rainbow Bridge. Mannie and Stu will cook you a real good welcome dinner.

Attached Files:

6. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Aw Jen, so sad that Squeak has gotten his wings. He was loved and you took such good care of your boy. My heartfelt sympathy to you and all who loved Squeak. I well remember Squeak........so many in my memories of the old days

7. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

OH (((((((((((((((((((((((((((JEN)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sending many many cyber hugs. I am so so sorry Squeak had to leave. Cancer sucks. He lived a long life, and you are an awesome mommabean.

Squeak is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. rb_icon
    wings_cat

8. Fluff

Fluff New Member

I am sorry to hear about Squeak. It is so hard losing a pet, and my thoughts are with you.

9. (((Jen)))
    I'm very sorry to hear that you had to set Squeak free, and my heart goes out to you.
    You may not remember me, but...
    Two years ago tomorrow, I posted for the very first time on FDMB. You were the very first kind soul that reached out and answered my questions, and made me feel more "at home". I'll always be thankful for that.

Fly free little Squeak,

Carl

10. terriy

terriy Member

My deepest condolences on your loss of Squeak. My thoughts and prayers go out for you and your family.
    Terriy rb_icon

11. doombuggy

doombuggy Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss! :YMHUG:

12. Simon'sMommy

Simon'sMommy Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss of your Squeak. Land softly over that bridge. You earned your wings little one. wings_cat

13. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prayers. Seems like he had a full life.

14. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

Jen, I'm so sorry to hear about Squeak. Please accept my condolences.

15. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

A true warrior Veteran earns his wings...It is sad to learn of this passing but Jen...almost 17 years...is a testament of love and family. May Squeak's spirit stay near and fill your heart with memories.
    My sincere condolences,
    jeanne

For dearest Squeak:
    http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/mes ... d=18788583

16. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Jen,
    I'm SO SO sorry it was Squeak's time to cross but what a wonderful dance the two of you had together! What an amazing testament to care and love. Remember - he's not gone, you just have to hug him differently.

Fly free sweet baby...you're so loved!

17. troublelaurak

troublelaurak Member

I certianly remember you and Squeak - I'm sorry it was time for him to cross. Your kindness to and love for him was an example to many here. I wish you peace. Laura

18. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Jen, I remember you so well. I was a naive newbie and remember you as a 'kind and wise soul' here at FDMB.

I'm so sorry to hear about Squeak. Our time with them is never quite enough, is it...? And yet, what a testament 'to love' your story with Squeak has been...

Holding you both in my thoughts and in my heart,

Elizabeth x

19. Carol & Yoshi

Carol & Yoshi Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Jen. I've always loved Squeak's name -- how did you choose that one? -- and looked forward to your posts many moons ago when Yoshi was with me. Squeak will live on in the hearts of us oldtimers. He was a special guy. (((Jen)))

20. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

((Jen)) I am so sorry to see this - once again, after all our struggles, it wasn't diabetes that takes our babies but the dreaded "C" word. My heart goes out to you but do understand your relief that you could end any suffering and send him on his way to be (once again) with all the sweet companions who've gone on before him. I'm sure there was a HUGE sweet party from this board who were waiting to welcome him.

Sending you many hugs in your sadness at saying goodbye. I know how wonderful all the memories of our "board time" are that will remain with all of us forever.

Emmy & Dude (GA) & Mittsi too

21. Pam and Layla

Pam and Layla Member

((((Jen))))

I'm so sorry for your loss. He will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Hugs,
    Pam and Lyric

22. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

Oh, ((((((((((((Jen)))))))))), I am so sorry! I just heard tonight. Cancer sucks but Squeak was blessed to have you.

Fly free, dear Squeak!

23. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Jen)) I am so very sorry. I know how much you loved him and what he meant to you. Hugs to you.

24. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

((( Jen )))
    So sad to read that it was Squeak's time to cross. Of course I remember you both. You've taken such great care of him over the years. What a lucky guy to have you . I know you feel lucky to have had him. He lived a nice long life, and yet it's never long enough, is it ? I hope the memories of all the happy cat times you had together help you get through the very difficult grief process.

Peace sweet Squeak. rb_icon

Take care Jen.

with sympathy,

25. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss ...

26. lynda and scruffy (GA)

lynda and scruffy (GA) Member

So sorry to hear that Squeak's gone. These sweet cats of ours survive so much; it's hard to imagine that they won't just go on forever. But, through you, Squeak shared his experience and knowledge and caring - and that's quite a legacy.

My sympathy to you and your family, Jen. One more "good one" has moved on, to our sorrow.

27. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

(((Jen))) It was a long road, and a tough battle. You were both fighters ... and he did things his way to the end. He was one of a kind, and he will be remembered, and loved forever.

Safe journey, Squeak -- send your mom a rainbow so she'll know you arrived safely. Wish you peace and strength.

Love,
    Karen

Looking back on the memory of the dance we shared,
    beneath the stars above.
    For a moment all the world was right,
    how was I to know that you'd ever say goodbye?
    And now I'm glad I didn't know the way it all would end,
    the way it all would go.
    Our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain,
    but I would have had to miss the dance.

The Dance - (Garth Brooks)

28. LindaLee & Napoleon

LindaLee & Napoleon Member

(((((Jen))))) I'm so sorry. Sharing in your sorrow.

~ Linda Lee

29. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

just seeing this. I am so very sorry. if it is not cancer it is renal. never the diabetes. just plain sucks
    hugs

30. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Oh such familiar names, thank you all!

Carol, we got him when he was a wee bundle of gray and he was very talkative and that just seemed like the right name.of course,there were many variations over the years!

Untilrecentlyhe seemed so healthy,it's really beenashock for us; thecantliveforever but time flies and suddently they are old!

I am so glad he taught me enough to help others,it really is about paying it forward!

Meanwhile, there is a very furry hole in our hearts....

Jen

31. KatWolfdancer

KatWolfdancer New Member

My DEEPEST condolences on your loss.. and my deepest gratitude for giving Squeak such a loved life.

>^,,^<

32. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Jen --

I'm just seeing your post. My deepest sympathies.

Fly free Squeak and land softly.

33. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no! Somehow I missed this post last week.

I am so sorry Jenn.

[​IMG]

34. Liz4Paws

Liz4Paws Member

I'm certainly not an old timer, but I can let you know that my heart breaks hearing about you losing your beloved Squeak. My condolences.... I am so sorry.

35. EllenandRover

EllenandRover Member

My goodness - what a long and complicated life. My sympathies, Jen. I know it will be very hard to be without him, but one day you'll be together again.
    Yes, the evil cancer takes what other diseases can't ... our sweet babies. I've lost 3 to it so far, including Rover.

36. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Squeak.

{{hugs}}

37. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

I'm a newbie, & didn't have the opportunity to know Squeak, but he sounds absolutely amazing. I'm so sorry for your loss of that very special soul.

38. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss of Squeak.

Fly free Squeak wings_cat

39. Helen & Snickers

Helen & Snickers Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.