Oldtimer: Karre 15 Months OTJ - BG 3.6/65

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone! We're back for Oldtimer's Day, and to hand out tunaritas and catnipinis in celebration of His Majesty's delightfully greeeeeeeeen OTJ-BG!

We're enjoying a very mild Cape Town summer so far, which makes the prospect of carrying dozens of boxes into our new home next weekend more bearable. Moving in 35 degrees of African sunshiny heat is just a bit much! We're so excited to be moving in so soon!

Karre is, too - he's made it known to us that enough is enough with strangers making so much noise in his garden. We've told him that it will be over in a matter of days, and he's graciously agreed to let us make it up to him with a mere extra 7 hours of daily grovelling. (We do our other, far far less important stuff like, say, earning our living, at night now. Karre says "Well, that's what you get.")

Maggie a.k.a. the Magpie has taken to shifting her mid-morning adventure walks to early-early-morning, coming back inside demanding her breakfast, and then coming upstairs and demanding that we make her a snooze-cave under the blanket on our bed, propped up with pillows for her to snuggle up against, for her to hide away from the yucky builders. After several erroneous pillow arrangements, we've now worked out exactly how she likes them. (We made a diagram. And photos. And a video. Just in case.) When the cave is set up, she jumps into it and melts down into her napping position seamlessly. Occasionally she tolerates a treat or two, handed into the cave. So, all in all, we are serving her well.

Pepita is finetuning her personality quirks to thusfar unparalleled levity. One is: she loves pretzel sticks, you know, those really thin baked salty snack stick thingies. Now and then we'll be watching TV, absentmindedly holding a few of them in one hand, and suddenly there'll be this explosion of kitten-on-the-hunt and half of them will snap off in the enormous leap she takes to land right with her little teeth amongst the sticks. Another is: Bathwater! Endless fascination! Whenever anyone in our house takes a bath, she'll sit on the rim of the tub, dipping her paw into the water and then sucking it out of her fur, smacking her lips. (No bath products, so it's safe for her to drink. Still crazy though.) When she gets bored of drinking it, she'll half step down into the tub, leaning on a handy knee or elbow, and flick water at whoever is in the bath... She has excellent aim.

All is well, as you can read, and we hope hat things are equally merry (though quite snowy in many cases, we hear) on your end(s)! Stop by if you have time :)

Sunng greetings as always,

Jane, Jack, Karre, Maggie and Pepita

2. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Sounds like things are justy great in your neck of the world. Nice to hear from you and yours.

3. Pat and Skipper (GA)

Pat and Skipper (GA) Member

Glad everything is going so well!

4. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

hello Jane/Jack!
    it's so nice to hear from you ! Specialy now at this time of the year---we feel nice sunshine and breeze from Your part of the world.
    Enjoy your new home!

5. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Hi Jane and Jack,
    What a beautiful update on Karre and his subjects! I am excited that moving day is so close! I will be standing by for photos once you have settled in (no hurry - I can wait up to 12 hours). Speaking of photos, I have been trying to work on my assignment. Here is a preview:

Freckles:

[​IMG]

6. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Aw, and here is Karre and the gang. I have always loved reading your posts and here is another filled with that special way you say things. Nice to hear all is well in the garden.

Linda, I love that shot of Bear's whiskers.

7. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

i hope the big move goes smoothly.
    lol, drinks bathwater? really? does she drink water all the time? i just have to ask since none of my acts will have anything to do with water expect a couple of the 19 yr olds, so i always wonder when i see people post that their cat drinks water while on all wet diet. unless she is not?
    sounds like you are doing a fine job of being good servants to your cats. fine job indeed. in fact i hope my cats do not see this post, i have 6 pillows on bed and yet still sleep with a certain black cat curled around my head trying to push me off the one measly pillow i have left. :cool:

good to see you as always! happy 15 months OTJ!

8. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Everyone, thanks for posting :) It's been a great Oldtimers Condo Visitng Day!

Linda, what a great shot of Bear! A+, as it were :)

Jojo, thanks for stopping in despite all you've got going on! Yes, Pepita is on an all wet diet (so are Maggie and Karre, but Karre prefers canned wet while Maggie prefers homemade raw). We never see her drink otherwise, except from "adventure water"sources, like (a) the bathrub, (b) the puddles on the terrace after storms, or (c) the little pools of rain water on some of the tree stumps in the garden. She's had all her vaccines and took them in her stride. All 5 P's in place. The carzy-water thing is, we reckon, just another quirk :)

Off to visit more condos!

Jane

9. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see new pictures, especially of the kitty gang. Your condos are always so upbeat and pleasant. Congratulations on fifteenth months, that's awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.