On the border diabetic

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Carolyn7, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carolyn7

Carolyn7 New Member

Hello,
    My name is Carolyn. I lost my first diabetic cat, Blue, back in January to diabetic ketoacidosis.
    I adopted 2 new cats in March and I have noticed that recently one, Daria, started displaying a lot of the same symptoms that Blue displayed just before being diagnosed diabetic. I took Daria to the vet and she told me Daria's tests came back that she was right on the border of becoming diabetic. I have since switched her to Friskies pate food and I just bought an automatic feeder so I will start feeding her smaller meals multiple times a day tomorrow. I would really like to get everything under control and keep her from getting diabetes if at all possible. Any advice is very much appreciated!
    I do have the relion confirm monitor but I wanted to see if anyone can give me a range that is good with the relion. My vet is encouraging me to get an alphatrack and has given me numbers to go by for that but I really just want to stick with the relion. Thank you!

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

If not on insulin, using a human meter such as the Confirm, 40-120 mg/dL is considered normal.

What numbers did your vet give you for the AT?

3. Carolyn7

Carolyn7 New Member

She said 159 is the best for Daria.

4. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

Hi Carolyn and Daria, welcome!

5. Carolyn7

Carolyn7 New Member

Thank you!

6. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Is that 159 the highest or the lowest number the vet wants Daria to attain on the AT?

7. Carolyn7

Carolyn7 New Member

Highest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.