"One Touch" meters

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Carl & Polly & Bob (GA), Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone have one, use one, have any opinions on one? Today I got an email offering all State Employees a free "one-touch system" - which I think includes a meter, strips, and lancer - for free under our state insurance plan. I currently use a relion micro and like it. I just thought, since they're giving them away, that it might make sense to get one if only to use as a "backup". I suppose it's possible I might be able to get strips or lancets at a lower price too? I mean, I don't have to say the meter is for my cat, right? Heck, that might not even matter, if they are offering them to any employee, I'm sure not everyone who works for the state government has diabetes... Thought I'd ask to see if it's worth trying to get one.

Carl in SC

2. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

OTUltra is the only meter I use and I've been using them since '98. I don't like the mini though.....just the regular old One Touch Ultra.

3. Just-As-Appy

Just-As-Appy Member

I use the One Touch Ultra2 - I started with it b/c it the same one Tony's vet uses. I like it, but haven't tried any other so not speaking from a comparison viewpoint. Heck - if its free, take it and then you'll have a backup.

4. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

I am a human diabetic and have been using One Touch systems for 16 years. I currently use a One Touch Ultra and love it. I used a One Touch on Angus for the entire 4 1/2 years he was diabetic. The results always matched lab work. I briefly tried a FreeStyle meter on both of us, but got erratic results.

5. Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I did notice on the email it said it was "the brand most recommended by healthcare professionals."

Carl

6. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

What is the cost for strips, or will they be provided in the future, too?

7. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

It's always good to have a back up meter in case yours breaks. I've used the One Touch Ultra and like it a lot.

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I've always used the One Touch meters. I love the company Lifescan that makes them. If you ever have a problem or question, they are right there to help you. I have never paid for one of their meters. The first one I bought was free with rebate, and ever since then, they have sent me upgrades at no charge, and when I had a problem with a meter they sent me a new meter in one day.

9. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

the strips run about the same as any other branded meter, $1 or more a strip in your retail store, but, you can get them from various online places for roughly half that and even less if you keep a close eye on places like ebay

10. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.