One year on...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Catatonic, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catatonic

Catatonic New Member

Hi.

Some of you might remember, but one of our cats, Florence, was diagnosed as diabetic a bit over a year ago or so. We were giving her insulin, and having to test twice daily with the ear prick etc. Soon after the diagnosis, I found this site. After reading through here very thoroughly we decided to try feeding nothing but good quality, grain and gluten free wet food, and her diabetes went away in 2 months. Boy were we ever happy! One year on, she is doing great at 16 years old, and has perfect health! All the other cats (6) benefited by wee Florence's short illness, and have been on the same diet. We have not had to take any of them to the vet for anything but shots! Usually, we would have one cat or another in to see Dr. Tim a few times a year for sundry issues, but not any more. This site should be mandatory reading for all cat owners. I can't thank you enough.

Cheers!

2. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

very glad to read this. :) (((HUGS)))

3. laur+danny+horde

laur+danny+horde Member

Wow, that is great news. Thanks for sharing it! I think it's really important for newbies to hear the success stories like yours.

Anyway, I am so happy to hear that Florence and the rest of your crew are doing well. I bet their fur has gotten nice and silky with the better food. That happened with mine, when I switched everyone over to all low carb wet, plus my chubster Plague gradually lost the excess weight. Good food is so important!

laur

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Awesome and congratulations! Thanks for posting this.

Jeanne

5. RuthV

RuthV Member

May we know what brand and flavor you are feeding? And an economical way to purchase it in quantity? Thanks.
    I bet you are thrilled to be off the insulin train.

6. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

[​IMG] CONGRATULATIONS!! :RAHCAT

7. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the update and the praises for this board! I'm sure it gives a lot of the newbies hope and lets them know just how much diet plays its part in our fur babies diet. While my own sugar baby only made it a couple of weeks before passing (she had multiple health issues) her illness greatly improved all my babies lives for the better. Diet is SO important.

A special congrats to Florence for being OTJ :RAHCAT

Mel & Muse (GA)

8. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

Congrats on Florence being OTJ!
    It is always wonderful to hear that bit of news :)

~M

9. bradie96

bradie96 Member

CONGRATS!
    with a little perserverance it all works out...we too are one yr no insulin! just a diet change did it and finding this board, if not coming on we probably wouldnt be here due to a vet who's concerns was just money...

again congrats!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.