Only on 4th day of Prozinc

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi

Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi Member

suggestion that I post this here rather than main...sorry if you’ve already seen this.

I know I’m not supposed to look at the numbers...but all this black and red is making me

How long do I need to stay at one unit?

Switched from Novilin (which was a total roller coaster ride) to Prozinc on Friday.Every time I pre-test she’s high 400’s to low 50

No keytones so far, but I’m worried about that starting

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I commented on your other thread.

3. Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi

Maybe I should delete that one?

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

No need. You can leave it there as well as your post here.

5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I don't go out to Main very often, so I'll just post here and then you can see if this agrees with whatever Kris told you out there. ;)

In general, the guideline is to stay on your initial dose of a new insulin for about a week to give the kitty's body time to adjust to the new version of the hormone. However, it stands out to me that you switched over to Prozinc at a much lower dose than you were on when using Novolin. Because of that, I would suggest going ahead and making a small increase as soon as there is a cycle that you can monitor a bit. I wouldn't expect Gretchen to drop too low at this point, but it's always best to keep an eye on things until you know your cat's unique responses to dose changes. For example, some cats will have a lovely drop on a dose change and then settle into higher numbers. Some cats will fight a dose change and hardly respond at all for the first cycle or two and then show their response. So that's why we suggest the extra monitoring until you know what Gretchen will "typically" do when you change her dose. And then of course as soon as you figure that out she'll change it up on you :p

6. Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi

LOL ...great :confused:

Djamila likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.