? Oops (still new) Moxie Mexico question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Moxie, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moxie

Moxie New Member

Moxie in Mexico...(newbie to diabetes and this site) 2nd day Lantus insulin question. Moxie was her all time high 360 this morning after I gave her her first two 12 hour apart shots yesterday. I stayed calm and gave her only the 1 U to start again this am. Tonight she was lowest ever at 200, so I think Hmmm....that is low maybe even pre food I should not give her a shot.

I just need to clarify....for the first week or more should I give her the 1 u ONLY if she is Prefood above 200 and do nothing if she is 200 or less ? I don't want hypo.

I do stay with the no food 2 hours prior to test, feed shoot.

I just assumed she would drop estimated about 50 with insulin but not the case.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Until you get some data, under 200, stall, DON'T feed and post for help.....Make sure your subject line is clear that you need help quickly....something like 'STALLING, NEED HELP!" usually works!....You can go back and edit it later

The first few times you shoot a lower number, we like to have someone watching out for you and keep track of you throughout the cycle until we're all sure it's safe

3. Moxie

Moxie New Member

Thanks Chris & China, just to confirm you are suggesting I don't feed and shoot , I should "stall" if she is under 200 and go on this site for input for a while. Moxie is back up to 267 BG this am so I shot her the 1 U.

Just as a procaution.....if I get no response from this site and she is under 200 BG I don't shoot and wait until next 12 hour period ?

Moxie 3rd day on insulin (prescribed 1u every 12 hours). For the last two months average readings 260-306.

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

First, I'd suggest testing again in about 20-30 minutes to see if the number is rising.....Usually, if it's coming up (without any food) it's a good sign that the last shot is wearing off and it'll probably be fine to go ahead and shoot the scheduled dose.

Any time you shoot a lower than normal number, you'll want to get a +1 and +2 so you can intervene early if you need to

Moxie likes this.
  5. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Moxie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.