Opinions on Shmee's bloodwork

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Amanda & Shmee, Jun 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Hi everyone good morning :coffee:

I am on the Lantus forum but I thought it would be good to get more eyes on my Shmee's bloodwork in case anyone has opinions or thoughts they'd like to offer. You can see his results in my SS.

His liver levels stayed in the normal range without the Denamarin (I was on a "trial run" to see if he still needed them) so I was very happen about. The only thing that concerns be is his cholesterol level, and his prior high Lipase level. The cholesterol level is not high on the IDEAXX scale, but it is high on FDMBs scale and has gone up significantly since his February bloodwork. Someone had suggested that getting the SDMA level would be good, and he is a 9 on a 0-14 scale. To my knowledge this is a good sign for his kidney function, and I need to watch to see if it goes up in the future?

I am reading the high Lipase level could be from Pancreatitis? :nailbiting: But that result (not sure why its not in the new bloodwork too?) was from February. I remember the vet saying sometimes liver and pancreas function can be related, and back then his liver was not doing very well so hopefully it is just a result from that. The vet did recommend pancreas tests (P1 and T1 or something like that?) but I was told here that the bloodwork for the Acro and IAA was more important (should be getting those results in about a week) so I am a little nervous now. Should I have gotten the pancreas tests too?

Since the cholesterol level is high, I wonder if he should be on a food that is lower in fat content? I organized the catinfo.org chart by fat level, and there aren't many choices that are also low in carb. I do see that Tiki Cat Koolina Luau - chicken (no fish) is 84% protein, 16% fat, 0% carb and Tiki Cat - Koolina Luau - chicken and fish - 82% protein, 18% fat, 0% carb. But I just looked on the Tiki Cat website though and I don't think these flavors are available anymore..

Any opinions or thoughts would be appreciated, thank you and I hope everyone has a nice Friday! :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.