Ordering glucose strips in summer when scorching out?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Jul 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Morning all!
    I am running low on glucose strips for Lou. And by running low, I mean I have 200 left and I find myself panicking. :p I've never thought about any issues with ordering strips in summer, but it's been SO hot lately, that I'm not sure if I should wait to order until it cools off... but will it cool off sooner rather than later?

Has anyone else had any issues with ordering strips when it's so hot outside? (We just had a heat advisory warning here in ND, which just blows my mind... I've lived here 20+ years and I never recall having a heat advisory warning! :confused:) I know strips can't handle heat, so I figure it's worth asking before I buy.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Hi, Amanda, I've never had a problem with strips shipped when it's very hot. I would imagine they'd be okay.

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago I ordered test strips in the summer here in Australia.
    They arrived on a day when it was 42 c (107f) and they were put into my letter box.
    To my horror I found them several hours later but they were fine to use.

4. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Oh good! That makes me feel so much better, thank you! I was so worried about that exact scenario Bron! I remember reading someone else's post where they left a vial of strips on top of their stove when the oven was used, and the strips apparently didn't work afterwards. I've had that in my mind, although I don't know any other variables of the situation. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.