Ordering online

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Caitlin M, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caitlin M

Caitlin M Well-Known Member

Hey all! Has anyone ever ordered their PZI from Allivet online? No prescription is necessary. The price is comparable to my vets price, but then I wouldn't need to deal with the vet either. Figured I'd see if anyone has used them and liked the service. Thanks!

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Even with shipping? Refrigerated items do not qualify for free shipping on orders over $49. Would only save me about $1 :p

3. Caitlin M

Yeah with shipping it's only about $5 cheaper than my vet but I'd like to have it as an option. So long as they're trusted.

4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Maybe put a post on Main Health too so more eyes can see? Would be nice to have another option :)

5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Caitlin- I posted on your Main Forum thread, but I also am wondering if given Pita's climbing doses and the need for new insulin anyway, if it might not be a good time to consider Lantus? It would probably require a vet visit, but if you're at the point where you need a new vet and will have to go in anyway, it might be something to consider.

6. Caitlin M

Hey, I saw that, thank you! I guess I dropped the ball on myself because I'm honestly not sure how many days I have left with this vial. I wasn't expecting to have a hard time so I'm not sure how long finding a new vet with take/making an appointment to possibly switch Insulin. I know nothing about lantus either- I'll have to do some research. Does it work with a 13/11 schedule? Ugh, I just don't even know what to do. Order PZI online since it'll be fastest and then consider lantus? I could cry Djamila!

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

It'll all work out, Caitlin. It shouldn't be hard to find a new vet. Here's some useful info when shopping for a new vet:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BqrojKe9oBVAoexL59pUWidEd7viNmxSqW5l2IBTWjY/mobilebasic
    Following a 13/11 schedule could be a challenge with Lantus because of the action of the depot - it's always there in the background. You might want to stick with ProZinc a bit longer because of that.

Djamila likes this.
  8. Caitlin M

Thanks Kris. This was just another thing to add to the crappy day. I wasn't even surprised! I'll order the ProZinc online and start calling around for vets. Once this vial is done I can possibly look into Lantus or others. Would you mind looking at his SS and giving me your opinion on the dose right now? I think he's bouncing a lot and not sure how soon/if I should go up another .2

9. Djamila

I agree with Kris about the insulin. I forgot you're on an 11/13 schedule. Prozinc is better for that.

I know you asked Kris, but I can't resist: I don't think I would increase without more +6 data. Pita hit a 58 at +6 a few days ago, and we don't have anything since then to show if it's flattened out, or if that is typical or higher or lower. I'd be nervous to push him even lower than that without more data first.

Yong & Maury GA and Caitlin M like this.
  10. Kris & Teasel

I see that 58 from 4 days ago and make my judgment based on it. It's impossible to know whether he's dropped that low since. I know you're at work all day so maybe aim for the latest evening test you can manage? Bouncy cats often have inflated AM/PMPSs - Teasel did on ProZinc - so I pay more attention to mid cycle numbers. I'd stick with 2,6 u until you can get more mid cycle tests. Is this weekend a possibility? A full curve would give useful info.

Djamila likes this.
  11. Kris & Teasel

I see that Djamila and I were thinking the same thing! :)

Yong & Maury GA and Djamila like this.
  12. Djamila

13. Caitlin M

Update- I did call back and asked to have 'a' vet call me back. So we'll see. I'll start to try calling new places tomorrow. At this point I'm petrified he's going to run out before I find someone. I'm afraid I'll call ten vets and none of them will prescribe without seeing him in person. Yeah. Not sure if his vial has a week or three weeks left.

14. Caitlin M

Kris and Djamila, I can do more mid day tests on Sunday! I can also try my hardest to wake up during the nights to get one. I go to bed two or three hours after his shot.

15. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hey Caitlin! Do you ever just happen to wake up at night? That's when I would grab nighttime tests...I tend to wake up around midnight and I would just hop up and run downstairs for a quick test...sometimes Gypsy didn't even wake up when I tested her!

16. Caitlin M

Lol Rachel, I wish! No I sleep very well and very rarely wake up. This is horrible on my part, but if I'm worried that he's going to go lower I will always make myself get up. If it's just to get another test, I tend to not quite listen to my alarm :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.