Oreo amps 374, +2 349, +4 291, +6 192, +8 321 Relatively new, need advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Robbie & Oreo, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robbie & Oreo

Robbie & Oreo Member

I have finally gotten Oreo's spreadsheet set up ( I think). She was diagnosed in March, so relatively new to all this. Looking at her spreadsheet was an eye opener, once I got all the numbers added. I'm sorry there's no detail other than the numbers, but I will do better from this point. I am guilty of leaving out some Purina DM for her to nibble on at night (my own paranoia about hypos) and I see now that it's showing in her amps numbers. I won't be doing that tonight and will get up to get a couple of checks tonight and maybe give a little LC food. Does it just look like we haven't gotten to the right dose yet? Been doing SLGS but I think I need to change to TR because I go back to work in 4 weeks and would really like to see her in better numbers. Any insight or advice would be so appreciated.

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Yeah the DM is high in carbs, a lot of us feed fancy feast classics, they are low in carbs, I switched to TR not to long ago and I work full time, I was nervous at first but don’t worry much anymore, I can take awhile to find right doseage, for most of us it still changes

Robbie & Oreo likes this.
  3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Hi Robbie

Kudos to you for getting the spreadsheet going, and well maintained. The extra details are always optional. You are doing good with the measurements and the recording. I know how much work it is at the beginning.

Oreo is not regulated yet. You are correct - the dose is not high enough yet. SLGS is to hold the dose for a week. For TR, hold the dose for 6-10 doses. Since Oreo just started 2.25, I would hold that dose for 6-10 doses to let the insulin depot fill. Oreo got a nice blue number today.

The other component in diabetes is food. We feed Leo almost exclusively on Fancy Feast classics. It is important to wean Oreo off of any carb-food.

You will have time in the next 4 weeks go get Oreo regulated. Let's hope it comes with this 2.25 dose or the next couple of dosing adjustments.

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

You should also know that some kittehs are hard to regulate. Most are easy to regulate. We will know more as Oreo starts dipping into the 100-120 range during nadirs.

5. Robbie & Oreo

Robbie & Oreo Member

Thanks for your reply! I have no idea why I'm even worrying about hypos when her levels are not even in green yet...lol. I am working on the patience thing right now too. I keep reminding myself that we're just 3 months into this.

6. Robbie & Oreo

Robbie & Oreo Member

Thanks for your encouragement. I'm hoping that starting to follow TR will get Oreo into better numbers soon!

JeffJ likes this.
  7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

We always have to have out patient pants on, hard to remember that, I’m always forgetting that too lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.