Oscar is coming home tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Joan & Oscar, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joan & Oscar

Joan & Oscar Member

Oscar is coming home tomorrow afternoon, I will find out more about type of insulin etc. when I go down to pick him up. The vet said he has responded really well and they will explain everything to me when I pick him up. I am sure I'm going to be a bit lost to start but it's great to know you are all out there.
    I have checked out wet foods and will shop up before collecting him. It is a long trip home with him so I hope he travels well. I will also set up a spreadsheet ASAP - still working out how, as suggested tech site is helpful.
    Thanks to all of you for giving me the courage to do this.
    Cheers Joan

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

So glad to hear that your boy is responding well and will soon be home with his family. We are all here to help you get through this. Once he is home I'm sure you will have thousands of questions, so don't be afraid to ask anything at anytime, there is always someone around to get an answer to you. Even if it seems like a silly question, just remember the only silly question is the one that goes unasked. :mrgreen:

Mel

3. Joan & Oscar

Joan & Oscar Member

Thanks Mel. Always good to know answers are at hand.

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sure you will get glad to get Oscar, and he will be so glad to see you! Hope your vet is prescribing one of the longer lasting, milder insulins and starts low and goes slow. That would certainly be the safest and best approach, with your being so far away from help.

As Mel said, we're to help. No question is silly - they have all been asked and answered at one time or another. Hope you have your hypo kit, your testing supplies and are ready to go!

5. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Joan, Dale is writing to Glenys/Sara so keep an eye on your PM's in case Glenys contacts you that way. She lives in Adelaide, South Australia and at least there would be someone to talk with by phone.

6. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat Welcome home soon Oscar!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.