Oscar update - new dose numbers

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kelly & Oscar, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Hello all! We have a vet appointment tomorrow to check his weight and discuss a dosage change. Monday evening we changed to 0.5u BID from 0.5u SID. After the first shot I gave him last friday, his numbers haven't really dipped since. I have been seeing more 300's since starting nailbite_smile But his overall numbers still seem consistent with what he was testing before insulin with just a diet change. I am guessing we will be going to 1u BID tomorrow? Advice please! :mrgreen:

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

1u makes sense to me, or if you are feeling cautious since his #s never seem to go all that high, you could move in 0.25 inrements and try just 0.75u for a few days, and then go to 1u if you don't see improvement - to my eyes, both would be reasonable choices. My cat does not seem to respond much to anything under 0.5u, even on a lower pre-shot. I usually have to shoot 0.6 or 0.8 to see results. I don't know why that is - some cats will get a huge drop from 0.2u (once they are close to OTJ, I have never seen that as a starting point), and others like mine seem almost immune to the lower doses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.