OT Hanging with Vyktor's mum - Sun update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Anne & Zener GA, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I arrived in Perth just a bit late and Serryn @Vyktors Mum met me at the airport. We went for a walk in Kings Park which is on a hill and overlooks the city and the Swan River, spectacular views. We saw several types of birds, including parrots, so colorful. No good pictures because I just have an iPhone. The vegetation is nothing like in the US, so that's fun too. We had a picnic that Serryn prepared and watched the sun set and the lights come on in the city. I'll wander around on my own today then we're going to a fancy place for a vegan dinner. :)
    Liz
    IMG_3001.JPG

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Waving to you from Sydney. :)
    I hope you enjoy your Australian trip. Lovely you could catch up with Serryn.
    Love the photo........

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What a great way to get an intro to a city. I bet Serryn knows the best places for vegan food in Perth. :) Give her some hugs from me.

Vyktors Mum and Anne & Zener GA like this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

How great that you're able to visit with Serryn. Beautiful picture. Have fun.

5. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

It sounds like you're having such a lovely trip! Enjoy!!

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

You are so lucky to visit with Serryn. I, and so many of us, I'm sure, are envious. Enjoy! :bighug: Please give a hug to Serryn from me.
    And more pictures, please :)

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Wow on that landscape. Your picnic sounded wonderful and I'm sure that the dinner in the vegan restaurant will be delicious. Serryn knows the best places, I'll bet.
    Have a fun visit. Hugs to you both!

Ella

HWright and Anne & Zener GA like this.
  8. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

how fun!

HWright and Anne & Zener GA like this.
  9. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

sounds like a fun adventure.... someday Australia...

kiss a koala :kiss::rolleyes:

10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

What a wonderful holiday.

11. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Oh, Liz, you are so lucky to be in OZ, and to spend time with Serryn. If you can get a selfie with the two of you, we'd all love to see it!

Have a wonderful time and give Serryn our love - I know she needs some extra TLC still, after losing Vyktor.

12. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

:):):):)
    How lovely that you are getting to hang out together.
    I second Tricia's request for a selfie.
    Give Serryn one of these :bighug::bighug::bighug:from BFG and me.

13. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Heading off to dinner shortly - it's degustation. I've only been there once before, it was amazing. So looking forward to it :) and no more work for me while Liz is here whoo hoo

Last time I took pictures of every course to tantalise @Amy&TrixieCat vegan tastebuds - then dropped my phone in the toilet the next week and lost all the pics :oops::rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  14. Gill & George

MMmmmmm, enjoy your evening ladies
    :):):)

15. Anne & Zener GA

Oh. My. Goodness. That was the most amazing meal. And the most amazing company. 3 hours, passed in a flash.
    Liz

16. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Have a wonderful time you two!

17. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Gorgeous photo....I need details about that amazing vegan dinner! SOOOoooooo cool that you get to visit that lives so far away!!!!
    Not sure if I should :joyful::joyful::joyful: or :eek::eek::eek: here!!!!

Vyktors Mum likes this.
  18. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Sounds like your having a lovely time together!!!!!:)

19. Vyktors Mum

My favourites of the dishes last night were one that had fresh watermelon, pickled watermelon skin, finely grated horseradish and something I forget in a tomato consume and of the desserts - barbecued pineapple in carbonated coconut with some sort of spice. I thought the waiter said turmeric but I think it was cumin. So weird and wonderful!

Today we will catch the ferry to Rottnest Island where we will find some quokka to admire. They are like tiny little wallabies, they only live in a couple of places in Western Australia and they're one of our cutest animals. Bicycles are the popular way to get around there. Liz is an experienced cyclist but I never rode much even as a kid and I am very uncoordinated so wish me luck - I'd better pack some band aids just in case!

20. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Don't forget knee and elbow pads and helmet!

21. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

A vegan degustation? Wowzer you girls are so lucky! Nothing like that here in Sydney (that I know of) although we do have more and more vegan restaurants opening up now which is fabulous. And just to make your mouth water again, I'm in the process of making this for my family coming to visit tomorrow :)

22. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

How cool to meet and hang out with Serryn-and what a beautiful picture! Looking forward to seeing more pics

23. Gill & George

Definitely protect your noggin, maybe they'll have one of these:p:p:p Enjoy your outing.:):):)
    [​IMG]

24. Anne & Zener GA

Serryn did great in the bike. No band-aids needed. She is an amazing quokka spotter, even when riding! And they love her, even letting her pet them. They are very cute when they sleep, crouching forward and they sit on the tail pointing straight forward.

IMG_3023.JPG

We went to Yanchep National Park today. We went on a tour of Crystal Cave then heard the koala ranger talk and spotted a few fuzzballs in the trees. This was the best view.

IMG_3024.JPG

Then we had a picnic by the lake and the kangaroos started coming out for the evening meal. No mowing needed here. Or fertilizer either. This group was mums with joeys and a few yearlings. Unbelievably adorable. And the hopping is amazing. They were ok until people got with about 15', then away they went. Boing, boing, boing!
    IMG_3020.JPG

IMG_3018.JPG

It was a sad day as Serryn's mum made the brave decision to let Purrdy go to the rainbow bridge. I am in awe of the care that she gave Purrdy, right to the very end. Hugs to mum and Serryn, Team Purrdy.
    Liz

25. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm so sorry for Purrdy's and Serryn's mum, and for Serryn, and all who loved Purrdy :(
    Enjoy The Bridge little Purrdy. You know how much you are loved.

Thanks for sharing the pictures Liz. What a great experience to be there and to meet Serryn.

26. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks for sharing the pics!!! We all want to go and see that amazing scenery and animals
    Lucky you!!

27. Amy&TrixieCat

Awesome pictures!!!!

28. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

What great pictures of those fabulous marsupials. I'd never heard of Quokkas. Glad Serryn survived the bike ride unscathed!
    Are you home yet, Liz?

p.s. We're thinking today that Purrdy, Vyktor, and Meg are having a wonderful reunion.

29. Anne & Zener GA

Liz gets home to Flagstaff December 8th. Tillie and I have been holding down the fort. And the Queen is ready for her tall bean to get home!

Anne

30. Olive & Paula

[​IMG]

Now that's a lot of bouncing !!!!!!!!!!

Prayers and hugs to Serryn and mum. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

31. Anne & Zener GA

On Sunday, Serryn and I went to Penguin Island to see Little Penguins, aka Fairy Penguins. They are the littlest penguins and have blue feathers. Very cute, of course. We watched some getting fed. Boy howdy, can they zoom under water. They are very shy but these guys have been injured and cannot survive in the wild. The oldest is 20 years old!

IMG_3025.JPG

We went in a little cruise around the bay and saw 8 or 9 dolphins, a group of very lazy male sea lions and a pelican rookery. The guide assured us that the male sea lions were working out to be as buff as possible for the females, which means to be as fat as possible. The guy in the middle is scratching his nose with his rear flipper. I think sea lions are competitive with cats for enjoying a nap in the sun. The pelicans are quite shy so we didn't get very close. It's not a very good picture but we could see 20 or 30 black and white adults on the crest of the hill.

IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3028.JPG

IMG_3029.JPG

We are off for some vegan Thai food in a bit. I hope everyone has a nice Sunday. I keep forgetting that the US is a day behind Australia.
    Liz

32. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

More amazing pictures! Enjoy your Thai vegan lunch. (I'm afraid to tell Serryn that we're having eggs for lunch/brunch!)

Have a great day, guys!

33. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

What an amazing adventure and how lucky are you to connect with Serryn!! It's always a treat to meet someone from FDMB.

34. Amy&TrixieCat

It looks like you are having an incredible time!!!

35. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yes, thank you for sharing the pictures and your adventures with us :cat:

36. Olive & Paula

Wonderful pictures. Looks like your having a great time.

37. Vyktors Mum

I have just dropped Liz at the airport. She is flying back to Melbourne for a couple of days before heading home to Anne and Tillie. We had about an hour to spare this morning so we went to a local park - tomato lake - for some chamomile tea and a last bit of bird spotting. As it happens the sacred ibis are nesting with their babies. When they nest they take over whole trees with these really messy stick nests, quite a funny sight. Liz got a pic so if you're lucky she might post it for you later...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.