OT: live birth at TinyKittens

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Anne & Zener GA, Apr 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Ramona is about to deliver the first kitten.
    Liz

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  2. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

wow, pretty amazing!

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Two tabbies so far!

4. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

There goes my afternoon. She's a good mum. Thanks, Anne.

5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh, makes me wanna kitten so bad :cat:

6. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm melting. :bighug:

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Love this! :bighug:

8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Who is the friend that comes and visits?

Are all 5 tabbies?

9. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

So cute!

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

@Tracey&Jones - The visiting friend is likely Rula. She is from the same feral colony as Ramona. There is a 3rd mom-to-be named Chloe. She's and orange & white kitty.

If you are not familiar with TinyKittens, it is amazing. The website and YouTube site and FB site are documenting the TNR program of the group in Langley, British Columbia. Shelly Roche and several dedicated volunteers along with the Mountain View Veterinary Clinic work to sustain 2 large feral colonies. The work this group has done to document how the colony thrives and how many of the feral are now former ferals and have transitioned to loving homes. The three pregnant moms are having their last litter. They will be spayed and if they do not want to return to the Happy Forest, they will be adopted out. Shelly also cares for Grandpa Mason, an older cat who was brought in for medical care (abscess on a front paw) and found he had advanced kidney disease. While he's not entirely thrilled with humans, he adores kittens and will live out his time safe, getting his meds, and snuggling with kittens. There is also Cassiday, aka the "Miracle Kitten" who was born with stubs for back legs and close to death when he was found. Needless to say, Cassiday is thriving. In addition to modeling how a TNR program can work, they are also involved in a genotyping program for the cats in the colonies as well as running feral "fixathons" several times a year. The community in Langley must be incredible.

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

My brother lives in Langley. Like I needed an excuse to visit there. :rolleyes: Langley used to be mostly farm land, but is rapidly growing up with new housing developments as it's less than an hour from Vancouver. Every spring even the regular shelter out there is overwhelmed with hundreds of kittens. The shelter I worked at used to take some off their hands every year. I've heard stories of people coming home to their hobby farm gates to a basket of kittens left by some "kind" person. :mad:

Thanks Liz for posting. So much more fun than doing taxes. :p Next time you are in town, maybe I can take you for a ride to Langley.

12. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I was looking around their site. Grandpa Mason made me smile. I was going to go back to the site to read more.

Already checked out a few videos.

Looks like a great project

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.