OT: This week's photos

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Good afternoon!

Wow what a different world we live in these days! I hope everyone on this board and their families are safe and healthy!

What beautiful weather we are having here! I continue to go out each morning but I try to head to spots where other photographers don't generally hang out. I am grateful that I can still enjoy my photography and stay safe too!

New additions to my backyard in this last week include a Red Winged Blackbird (male), a pair of Brown Headed Cowbirds, and some European Starlings. I chase the starlings away usually; they're as bad as the squirrels for emptying the feeders!

I've been a bit lazy lately and haven't been processing my images quite as quickly as normal so I don't have as many for you this week.

We have two active Great Horned Owl nests here again this year; there are two babies in the one nest and one in the other. The nest with the one baby is closer to me and I visit it often; the other day I was there and a Canada Goose decided to fly up to the nest. Mama Owl, who was in a nearby tree, came flying in to protect her baby. Although I feel bad for the owls, I was happy to get a shot of Mama Owl flying back to her tree!

I also saw the male Pileated Woodpecker again a few days ago! He hadn't been seen for a while so I was happy when he decided to hang out with me for a while!

The third image is a male Wood Duck. Wood Ducks are my favourite and I happened to find two males and one female hanging out with some Mallards on the river bank.

And last but not least is a Mourning Dove!

Thanks again for looking at my photos! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Attached Files:

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Love the ducks, they are gorgeous.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oooooooh you got a shot of the pileated! I love that silly bird! Last time I saw one he was up in a tree just hammering away..and I have a terrible video of him...but they're so beautiful, rare! And the owls...wow! That's a fancy duck too!

Great photos Judy! I always love seeing your pics!!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great pictures. Glad you can still get out. I hope you're over your cold.

5. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Love the bird shots as usual. Great shot of the owl in flight!

OK, how to tell it's a male pileated?

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

That is an amazing photo of the Mama owl in flight!

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yes! The Great Horned Owl in flight is wonderful! Glad you are getting out, Judy. We went out in our canoe today for the first paddle of the season. It was a gorgeous day, if a bit windy.

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

My bird book says that the female lacks the red on the forehead and has a black malar stripe
    Hi Wendy: we paddled for the first time this season today. It was great to be on the water.

Judy and Boomer and Wendy&Neko like this.
  10. Judy and Boomer

Thanks Paula!

11. Judy and Boomer

Thanks Sue!

12. Judy and Boomer

Thanks Carla! And yes I am mostly better; the cough is hanging on a bit longer than necessary though!

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  13. Judy and Boomer

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  14. Judy and Boomer

Thanks Wendy! The male Pileated has a red "mustach" that goes from the end of its beak to its cheek; the female has a mustach as well but it's black.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  15. Judy and Boomer

Thanks Bron!

16. Judy and Boomer

Thanks Ella!