OT: Today's milestone

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Terri and Lucy, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

I finished chemo today. Life should return to something more like 'normal' within the next 4-5 weeks. Unfortunately, that also means I won't be able to work from home as much. Lucy has done very well with me home--just like when she went into remission back in the days of Humulin L and lost it when I took a more traditional 8-5 job.

2. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

Oh Terri, that is good news indeed. I knew you were getting close to being done with the chemo, just wasn't sure exactly when. Congratulations and I hope you get your strength back real fast and have many, many healthy years in your future to look forward to.

As for Miss Lucy, well she already made it plain she was fine without additional furry ones in the house when she wished for Honey Boy to be gone! LOL But I am sure she has enjoyed her mama being around immensely. :)

3. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Hi Terri - i am thrilled to hear this news. I know we don't know each other all that well but you've always been nothing but kind, considerate, and supportive to me & Molly and i've always thought so highly of you. I am glad you're going to be healthy enough to keep giving me advice (see, that there was a joke :D ). Yeah, i've always respected your, how do u spell, chutzpah (fine, i had to look it up).

Give Lucy lots of kisses and when you're stong enough - you get out there girl, we're all behind you!!!

-Michele

4. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Terri, congrats on getting through it all. I pray that you are DONE for good and can put this behind you. (((hugs))) for what you went through.

Well, hopefully, Ms. Lucy will adjust ok in time. I know my guys get spoiled when I am around 24/7 during vacations, they would have a hard time if I was home for an extended time too. Most cats are fairly adaptable so maybe Lucy will take it in stride.....

Looking forward to good news from you about BOTH of you.

5. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Glad you're doing well. You didn't mention being too sick with treatment, but I'm sure you're looking forward to feeling better! flip_cat

6. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Vicky--saying how bad I feel makes it feel even worse, so I try to not think about it, let alone share those feelings with others. I wouldn't wish chemo on my worst enemy. If any of you have friends or family who are getting chemo, please take good care of them, even if they say they don't want help. A couple of my friends regularly bring me food; others call just to say hi; and others call and ask if they can drive me around. All this despite me saying I don't need any help. They were life savers in more ways than they will ever know.

7. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing that, Terri. I know chemo is hell for a lot of people. You're one brave lady. And bless those friends for helping you!!

8. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

congratulations, terri!
    terribly sorry you had to go thru this in the first place, but i'm glad you've had chemo/radiation on your side to target and destroy the cancer. it's all gravy from here!

9. Melissa&Paul-Kyle

Melissa&Paul-Kyle Well-Known Member

great milestone to share with us, thank YOU!

I'm hoping you NEVER have to deal with any of this again! I am glad Lucy has to adjust to a new schedule, b/c that means you are well enough to get back to the world as you knew it, sans the big "C".

She'll be okay...I think she probably knows it means you are better, too!

:thumbup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.