OT Wal-Mart is discontinuing Relion Confirm and Micro meters/strips

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jill & Alex (GA), Oct 20, 2018.

1. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Written by @Chris & China
    Thanks for sharing!

After much leg pulling, I got the manager of my local WalMart to look into it and she said that they are discontinuing selling the Relion Confirm and Micro meters and strips.

She said they do that occasionally when there's a "newer model" but she doesn't know if they'll be replacing it with something similar yet.

I told her they recently started caring the new "Blue", but that meter takes twice as much blood to work :(..so it's no better than the Prime in that regard.

She said there's two slots open for something "new" to come in and they should know what it's going to be by Friday.

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

2. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

I just bought an extra 200 strips on Amazon and hoping to get more.. this sucks. *sigh*

3. DevilPup

DevilPup Member

I noticed there seemed to always be a shortage of the test strips. When I tried to order some online tonight, I could not even get the box of 50. There appear to be a few boxes in local stores; I will try to pick them up in the morning.

What about the Prime? Is that a worthwhile purchase?

4. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

I asked that too a couple times and no one's really sure just yet - I guess this is still sinking in with everyone so before we buy anything different, meter wise, I guess we should... I dunno, hold off, for a few days and see? Just so damn depressing. :(

5. DevilPup

DevilPup Member

6. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Your baby's picture is absolutely adorable by the way - I wanna be all grumpy and grr but seeing that sweet face, I can't.... damnit! LOL.

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

DevilPup and Rachel like this.
  8. DevilPup

DevilPup Member

Thank you!! Yes, he is a sweetie. I love him terribly....

9. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I used the prime. It takes a bit more blood, but Colin’s ears bled well so I never had a problem with it. The strips are cheaper than the Confirm/micro ones.

DevilPup likes this.
  10. DevilPup

DevilPup Member

Thank you Sharon, I will remember that. I'm sorry about your kitties. :bighug:

Sharon14 likes this.
  11. Glassgoblin

Glassgoblin Member

That sucks; even in remission I need some strips; picked up a backup 50ct and will have to figure out what else to do later I suppose.

12. Caitlin M

Caitlin M Well-Known Member

Do you know- will the Prime strips work in the Confirm?

13. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

No, the Prime has its own specific strips

Caitlin M likes this.