OTJ Trial

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by AbyResq, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbyResq

AbyResq Member

I know I don't post often. I have many needy foster cats that take up my time.

I'm over the moon and so few people outside of this group 'get it'. Sweet Pea is in his 3rd day of an OTJ trial. His AM BG was 48!!!!:D:joyful::D:joyful:

His reaction to ProZinc was so different than my other foster cats. I really didn't think this was going to happen. I'm ecstatic! If he goes into remission he will be the 3rd one to do this for me on ProZinc.

Every time I look at someone else's spreadsheet I think of the poor cat whose owners don't home test. How many of those cats are at risk for a serious hypo? And how many of those cats could actually go into remission if someone looked at the data across multiple cycles rather than some point in time curve run during a high stress vet appointment???? Preaching to the choir...

Kris & Teasel and Magic Johnson like this.
  2. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

That's great news!! Crossing my fingers for you & Sweet Pea :woot:

I agree with you about the testing! Even when testing at home, the more data you have the better you'll be able to make decisions. I had to argue with my vet the last time I did a full curve that an increase was not warranted, and the only reason she ended up agreeing with me is because I showed her my spreadsheet with more than just that day's worth of data haha. I know most vets do the best they can, but its like a shot in the dark if the only thing they are going off of is a snapshot in a high stress situation.

3. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

SweetPea has definitely had an unconventional journey, but he's looking good now! :D:D:D

Magic Johnson and AbyResq like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.