Our Baby Is Sick

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Goodguyinar416, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodguyinar416

Goodguyinar416 New Member

Hello all. first time post...

Our 5 yr old spayed female, Kiki, was diagnosed with diabetes 5 months ago, she crashed for the first time then, fast forward to now. several days ago she crashed! 4 units Vetsulin twice daily, home readings very often & the last couple days her reading have been very good with one exception. since crash she's lost so much wgt she's literally bones now. potassium levels are 2.2 (not good) started short term tumil today. nothing screams out on chemistry panel, we are baffled & doc is trying to rule out conditions but i'm not sure we can wait until we hit on the right thing.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. It would be helpful to have more information on Kiki, especially some data on her blood glucose tests. We have a spreadsheet that we use here on the board. Here is the link to getting that set up and understanding the spreadsheet:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/suggestions-tech-support-testing-area.6/
    Would you be willing to set that up and enter the data you have so that we can see how the levels have been?
    I cannot comment on the insulin dosage, but there is a Vetsulin forum where you can get more information and input on that. It may be that the dosage is too high for her now. There are members here who have been caring for their sugar cats for many years, and have knowledge and experience. Please allow them to be your guide and hopefully help Kiki feel better.

3. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

What is Kiki eating and is she on a strict feeding schedule?

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

In addition to posting her bg numbers, can you post her recent lab blood work?

5. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Welcome!!

Have her thyroid, aldosterone and renin levels been tested? Has the vet checked her blood pressure? (I'm asking because of the low potassium level you mentioned)

As Janet mentioned please post her recent lab blood work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.