Our Newly Adopted Diabetic Cat

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jenn P., Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenn P.

Jenn P. New Member

Hello!!

My spouse and I just adopted our cat Esme two weeks ago. We had fostered cats before and we knew we wanted to take in a cat that was older and/or had special needs. Esme is over 10 years old (exact age uncertain) and has diabetes. She was illegally dumped at the shelter with a blood sugar level of over 500 by her previous, neglectful family. Once at the shelter, they got her level down to around 200 with diet and insulin. We fell in love with her when we met her at the shelter- she burrowed into my arms and wouldn't leave. She's just the sweetest old lady and she's super beautiful too (pics attached). We love her to bits and are so glad she adopted her! Luckily, the shelter has offered to provide insulin and syringes for her for the rest of her life, because they weren't expecting she'd ever get adopted. So far, everything is going well and we're settling into a routine. I found this group and I thought it would be a good place to join because we are still very new at caring for her and it will be good to have a place to ask for advice in case we have any questions! Looking forward to getting to know you all!
    [​IMG]

BJM likes this.
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

What a beautiful and lucky little girl! We're here to help. Post any questions you have in the main health forum first to get as many eyes on them as possible.

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome. Esme is adorable!!!

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB.

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Welcome what a beauty. She looks like a muted tortie. I have one now and one previously. They are very loving and cuddly (at least with my hubby).

6. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

She has such beautiful eyes. Like jewels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.