Outside of the box

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Meleksmommy, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meleksmommy

Meleksmommy Member

I think Melek is using a spot in the laundry room instead of his litterbox... is this something common with diabetic cats? He's never done this before, and both the civvie kitties seem fine. Anyone else had this happen, or know what to do to get him to go back to inside-the-box thinking? Thanks!

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

One symptom of diabetes is frequent urination.. Sometimes a kitty can hold it and will urinate in inappropriate places. Sometimes they get into a habit of urinating in that area after they are controlled and you have to break them of it. Also, sometimes it is a symptom of a urinary tract infection. Diabetic cats because of the glucose in the urine are more susceptible to UTIs. Maybe a vet visit is in order o rule out a health problem.

3. Meleksmommy

Meleksmommy Member

Thanks, Larry and kitties - we do have a vet appt set up this week, and we're closing off the laundry room, where we think he's been going. We're moving the water dish closer to the litterbox too, hopefully that might point him back in the right direction...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that should clear up once he get's on his insulin. if you can find the exact spot where he's been going you might want to consider relocating his 'bathroom' or giving him a second 'bathroom'.
    eager to hear about your vet visit and starting program on insulin.

5. lindac077

lindac077 New Member

MY LITTLE GIRL GETS SHOTS TWICE A DAY. SHE HAS STARTED URINATING ON THE COUCH...HOW DO I STOP THIS.MY HUSBAND WANTS TO PUT HER TO SLEEP BUT I WANT TO TRY ALL EVERYTHING POSSIBLE FIRST!!!!!CAN SOMEONE HELP ME??????THANKS

6. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Linda,

Please start your own thread so we can talk to you specifically. (Go to the main page and choose NEW TOPIC) Then tell us about you and your kitty. We need some information. What insulin is your kitty on? How much and how often? When was she diagnosed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.