Ozzie coming home - latest numbers

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by lauren77, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lauren77

lauren77 Member

Hi All, the Oz is coming home today at 5pm. They gave him 4.5 units of Lantus at 7pm last night and he went down rather low w/ it so they gave him Dextrose and he went up to the 400's with that. They decided to reduce his dose to 2.5 starting at 7am and he's been monitored all day with his bg readings - he has been kept in till 5pm to make sure he's reacting well to the dose. His pancreatitis test has just come back 3 days later and shows mild pancreatitis. I will update later tonite if anyone is on and can help w/ these stats and data - his doctor at the ER was off today but worked in concert with this doctor today.
    He's eating well and all his values are coming back normal -
    Many thanks to all of you, I just hope I'm up to the job of taking care of him b/c I'm so useless regarding the BG testing but I realize how life-saving it is at this stage of the game.

Attached Files:

2. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

Lauren, when you get back, post where in NYC you are. Remember the bupe and try to get fluids. Someone should be around to help you with it. There is a good youtube video on fluids I will send. I am going to put out a call to people in NYC who might be able to help.

Pattie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.